Which guy are you?

What's Hot
Made me chuckle, forgive me if it’s already been posted! I’m ‘forgets everything guy’
https://youtu.be/lJBDg3RlR8k
5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    I’d be the judgemental old guy, wondering where the tone control has been hidden.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4923
    I'm all of them!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72349
    edited January 2020
    I think I’m the Tone Seeker, but I might be the Guy You Can’t Tell Is Any Good Or Not...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    I'm a combo of bloke who clams up and bloke who feels he is playing too loud. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 683
    edited January 2020
    90% of the time I'm forgets everything guy. There is one time where I tried a Squier Jaguar and a Fender Excelsior together and I was ripping it up so well that the guy came over to ask if I was in a famous band (for actual real!).

Then there was the other time where I was in the little room in Andertons getting SO into the Marshall Origin 20 that the guy came in to tell me to turn it down. I felt really terrible about that - like I must have been being a serious dick for someone in a guitar shop like that to tell me to turn down.
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    I clam up... Or the one that an expensive guitar will not make me a better player plus the guy that you can't tell is any good or not ;)
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16097
    I'm the one who bashes the headstock into the Custom shop guitar hung up next to it ,scratches the test guitar putting the jack in, trips over the amp, drops the guitar then puts it back hoping nobody saw.......buys an embarrassment plectrum and gets the hell outta there asap
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dominic said:
    I'm the one who bashes the headstock into the Custom shop guitar hung up next to it ,scratches the test guitar putting the jack in, trips over the amp, drops the guitar then puts it back hoping nobody saw.......buys an embarrassment plectrum and gets the hell outta there asap

That's probably me too, tbh. I test drove a car once, and one returning to the garage, reversed it into another of their cars :lol:
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 247
    I am kinda mix of the one who forgets everything and the one who a good guitar won’t improve my playing. Doesn’t say much for my abilities I guess .....
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    Dominic said:
    I had that fear when in the room that i tried out my guitar in Coda the other week... So many Novos and Fender Customs!!!!
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Tone seeker and guy you can't tell if he's good or not. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1196
    I'm the guy who asks lots of questions about the gear but quickly realises the amount of time he spends geeking out on guitars means he's got more product knowledge than the shop assistants.
  • vizviz Frets: 10696
    edited January 2020
    I’m the guy who criticises the shop assistant for pronouncing the product wrongly. Yesterday I asked if they had the new Ibanez Jem and the shop assistant said, “the P.I.A.?” so I said, “no, the Pia”. I didn’t really. I said, “Y.E.S.”. I didn’t really. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I'm the guy who tries the guitar out in the shop and then orders online, like everyone else does these days.
    And they wonder why real shops are going down the pan.
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    90% of the time I'm forgets everything guy. There is one time where I tried a Squier Jaguar and a Fender Excelsior together and I was ripping it up so well that the guy came over to ask if I was in a famous band (for actual real!).

Then there was the other time where I was in the little room in Andertons getting SO into the Marshall Origin 20 that the guy came in to tell me to turn it down. I felt really terrible about that - like I must have been being a serious dick for someone in a guitar shop like that to tell me to turn down.
    Was it Chappers?  :#
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    Sassafras said:
    I'm the guy who tries the guitar out in the shop and then orders online, like everyone else does these days.
    And they wonder why real shops are going down the pan.
    I can’t do that. Not just because it doesn’t sit well but if I play a guitar I want, I want the one I like. Not one like it that might feel totally different. 

I am also the one who forgets everything the moment I pick up a shop guitar. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31590
    I'm the mail order only guy. :)

But never mind that, what was that horrific looking and sounding thing he was mucking about with, I thought this was the guitar forum?
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    I am not averse to a jam, had a couple of shop jam's in sounds great. 
    Like @dazzajl I want to take away the guitar I have chosen.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    The first one who chugs. You can tell a lot from whether it chugs nicely or not. 
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    viz said:
    I’m the guy who criticises the shop assistant for pronouncing the product wrongly. Yesterday I asked if they had the new Ibanez Jem and the shop assistant said, “the P.I.A.?” so I said, “no, the Pia”. I didn’t really. I said, “Y.E.S.”. I didn’t really. 
    You getting one? Saw one of the big shops had them on preorder...