Anyone love nagel 80s Jackson and bc rich ?

What's Hot
hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4163
edited January 2020 in Guitar
Love these , with the welcome resurgence of 80s finishes I would like to see a mid range guitar  with a Nagel finish. This could be achieved at a lower price point by using a decal beneath the clear .

also some Memphis design style geometric patterns  or a mixture of both 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Love the old 80's BC Richs...unfortunately it's hard to find a decent one second hand, they're mostly the crappier ones made later on with the spikier headstocks I don't like (the pointy ones you've posted above are the best ones) and you never see the ones with graphics on. I was hooked after seeing Poison's 'Nothin' but a good time' and Tigertailz 'Love Bomb Baby' videos :) I always thought the ones in 'Living Without You' were BC Rich, but I've just looked and they're not....and I can't make out the logo on the headstock. They're very cool though. 
  • guitarmanglerguitarmangler Frets: 584
    edited January 2020
    Ah, I’d forgotten about those. They look amazing. Surely it must be easy to have some type of graphics like that and ‘wrap’ a guitar these days?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tabanotabano Frets: 100
    I really like graphics on a single Humbucker super strat,
    I am waiting to lay my hands on one of the new Kramers or similar  and I might end up doing it on the cheap...
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    @vibetronic - they were Royal guitars made by Kevin Chilcott.

It was actually me that helped hook Tailz up with BC Rich in 1988 - was a friend of the band and also dealing with BC Rich's UK distributor: Livewire distribution, so connecting the two was pretty easy for me.
    Still mates with Tailz original singer Steevi, even now.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3052
    I love them. The old school Gunslingers have perfect shred necks but seem harder and harder to find.

More of a Jackson man personally 
    @vibetronic - they were Royal guitars made by Kevin Chilcott.

It was actually me that helped hook Tailz up with BC Rich in 1988 - was a friend of the band and also dealing with BC Rich's UK distributor: Livewire distribution, so connecting the two was pretty easy for me.
    Still mates with Tailz original singer Steevi, even now.
    Ah cool, that had me puzzled earlier! I'd always thought those were BC Rich until I looked today. The ones with the holes in were really neat. Love a bit of Tigertailz and Steevi's solo album a few years back now was great!
  • Love the old 80's BC Richs...unfortunately it's hard to find a decent one second hand, they're mostly the crappier ones made later on with the spikier headstocks I don't like (the pointy ones you've posted above are the best ones) and you never see the ones with graphics on. I was hooked after seeing Poison's 'Nothin' but a good time' and Tigertailz 'Love Bomb Baby' videos :) I always thought the ones in 'Living Without You' were BC Rich, but I've just looked and they're not....and I can't make out the logo on the headstock. They're very cool though. 
    I’m trying to remember , I’m sure there were some US ones called Roscoe guitars that did similar ones.  CC had some awesome bc gunslingers
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    Love the Nagel's, I've a few old USA BC Rich's I've been fortunate to pickup over the years, each of them an absolutely incredible guitar, and not just for shredders. My Koa Mock has tone to die for.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hairmetalhairmetal Frets: 319
    Any for sale @Exorcist ;? Would love a vintage Bich to go with by 84 Warlock?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7108
    lol, pretty sure that's the mystery album cover that had us all scratching our heads not long ago
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    hairmetal said:
    Sorry mate, sadly not! They will go to the grave with me :-) 
    Exorcist said:
    hairmetal said:
    Don't blame you! Some pictures would be nice though  =) (please!)
    Exorcist said:
    hairmetal said:
    Exorcist said:
    hairmetal said:
    I had this photo I posted on another thread, I don't think I have any of the other photos on this laptop. I'll dig some out when I get a min (or take some):

My old shorthorn Koa Mockingbird

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Here is my old workhorse Eagle, gigged her for years. Its an old photo...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Beautiful guitars mate, thanks  =)
  • hairmetalhairmetal Frets: 319
    Phwoah....