NFD (New Fuzz Day) - Maxon Fuzz Elements Fire

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    edited June 2014
    I don't have an HT-40 schematic, but assuming it's the same as the HT-5 at the input, there are a couple of Zener diodes across the input jack to hard-limit the input signal - I don't have type numbers for them on the schematic so I don't know what the voltage rating of them is though.

If the fuzz is actually putting out much more signal level than the straight guitar signal (even if it doesn't sound like it) it could be turning on these diodes. The Rainger might not do it if it's a much more midrangy tone, since the extra signal level on the Maxon is most likely to be in the bass.

Did they really pack it with the pedal box right in the corner, totally unprotected from anything pressing into the box on that side, with the rest of it filled with pointless air bags? You would think they would know how to pack things properly by now...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1594
    If it is the zeners turning on the easy to test. turn the fuzz volume to zero, play and increase the volume knob slowly to max, listen for either the volume being limited or dropping.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom