Apple Watch upgrade worth it?

What's Hot
LewyLewy Frets: 4202
I’m currently on a 3 and am coming to the end of my contract ... it’s perfectly fine but just wondering if I’m missing anything significant versus the 5? 

Mostly use it for messaging, smart home stuff and fitness tracking. 

Any thoughts welcome!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    I’m still on 1 and it does everything I need. The newest shiny ain’t always better. If it ain’t broke why change it?
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    I think the only change you'd see if a slightly better battery life.
  • Nearly pulled the trigger on one until I saw the 18 hour battery life.
    Went for the Garmin instead with the two weeks...
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4202
    Nearly pulled the trigger on one until I saw the 18 hour battery life.
    Went for the Garmin instead with the two weeks...
    Which version? I get way more than 18 hours with my v3..? 
  • It only takes about an hour to charge in the morning - mine still isn't going much below 50% after about three years - so I take it off and put it on the charger when I'm having my shower and breakfast (it's there now) and wear it the rest of the time (including when I'm asleep, so it's a really good silent alarm as well as measuring sleep patterns). There's this notion that you have to charge it overnight, but it really isn't true. 

I've found it's invaluable for activity tracking, timers, stopwatches and alarms and ApplePay (which is really liberating, perhaps a bit too liberating in the pub), seeing texts and a few other things. The main thing is to turn off all the alerts you really don't need - unnecessary emails and pointless app messages - so I get alerts for texts, a select number of VIP emails and news flashes. If I could ask The Guardian not to tell me about sport I'd be even happier. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom