We're on TV again

What's Hot
jackiojackio Frets: 132
Well, it's been life. 

Some of you may remember our daughter Harriet died during a botched labour in Nottingham. They have finally admitted gross negligence caused her death. 

We have some good news, we have had another girl, Lottie. She is 9 weeks and is amazing. Harriet is,as with any child, with us in our brains all the time. It's so sad, she'd be nearly 4 now. It's a funny feeling, wanting to be entirely happy and whole with Lottie in our life, but not feeling like that.

So, the news. Here's a link baby-joy-for-traumatic-stillbirth-couple

This is a trailer for tonight's longer segment on BBC east mids "Inside out" programme. We're also in the local newspaper, Nottingham Post. 

Thanks for reading, watching, and please be aware and make sure your pregnant friends know that there are quite a lot of avoidable baby deaths in the UK  :'(

Jack
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    edited January 2020
    How long did you have to wiat for the admission of gross negligence? 4 years?  I sincerely hope not.   This is exactly why the NHS faces such huge bills for litigation.  Admit you fucked up when you fuck up and its an awful lot easier for everyone.

Congratulations on the new baby - she looks great
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jackiojackio Frets: 132
    Thank you. It was around 2 years of very hard arguing/fighting. I was a consultant dr at the same hospital, knew Harriet was killed by poor care but they tried it on even with us. Waste of time, love, money, work. You are right...
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Congratulations on your new arrival. I can imagine it must be bittersweet after what you have been through. Welcome to the ranks of the sleep deprived. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ha ha I think you have to actually have something to be deprived of it ;) ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    jackio said:
    Thank you. It was around 2 years of very hard arguing/fighting. I was a consultant dr at the same hospital, knew Harriet was killed by poor care but they tried it on even with us. Waste of time, love, money, work. You are right...

Unbelievable. 
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yup, We are in serious debt now...but we have Lottie, and she is a joy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11894
    thanks for sharing your good news, I remember when you shared your story a while back
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I can't even imagine going through something like that. So happy that you've got little Lottie now though, HNBD!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom