Mule Resophonic - Experiences please?

What's Hot
I'm seriously considering getting on the waiting list for one of their Mulecasters. I've wanted something like this for years and I went to see Ariel Posen last week, consequently I'm now GASsing hard.

I have no doubt they're great, seems like a solid bloke, good ethics, solid reviews etc. Its just a lot of money for a niche instrument that there's no way of trying before putting my cash down. I searched on here and seen a couple that have moved through here so does anyone have any advice please?

I'm not fussed about weight. I'll probably go for a baritone model so if anyone has any experience of those that'd be great. I think they're 25.5 inch scale so should feel pretty standard right?

Anyways, opinions? Thanks

How very rock and roll
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    I've seen Ariel and Joey Landreth play Mulecaster's live and both sound fantastic.
    Sadly I have not been able to play one myself but doesn't stop me wanting a baritone one too  :#
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    @benmurray85 check out Kithara Guitars - they built Ariel an incredible guitar which has a little Mulecaster DNA. If you saw Ariel last week you'll have seen my friend Cathal Murphy open for him - he plays a Kithara Astral Tele. 

If you need contact details for Kithara DM me. 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • Anchorboy said:
    @benmurray85 check out Kithara Guitars - they built Ariel an incredible guitar which has a little Mulecaster DNA. If you saw Ariel last week you'll have seen my friend Cathal Murphy open for him - he plays a Kithara Astral Tele. 

If you need contact details for Kithara DM me. 
    Ah no way? The solo singer songwriter guy? 

He was brilliant. Came on after a bloozzzzzz band and played to a crowd of hairy arsed Georgie types and was completely spell binding for his set. 

I will check out Kithara Guitars. Thank you. 
    How very rock and roll
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3175
    tFB Trader
    I had a tri-cone Mule, 'twas bloody brilliant and smashed everything else into oblivion. Had to sell it to pay for a new bathroom though and that still hurts, a lot.

I will order another one at some point, definitely.

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    @benmurray85 Yep that's him - stupidly talented as he's a multi instrumentalist. He's in a very successful Irish trad band called "Cuig" who regularly sell out big venues across the States etc.

Here's that guitar Kithara built for Ariel >> 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • How very rock and roll
  • Looks like it, unless it’s been taken down because someone has reserved it. Pic from Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8BeWBTnkAW/
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    I can confirm it's sold..was a very nice thing indeed!
  • Sad that this appears to be getting resold on ebay, perhaps I’m wrong and it’s a coincidence spec and appearance wise.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you google, the same one seems to have been passed around a number of times on Gumtree.

Are these  set up with slide playing mainly in mind.  The neck radius is so flat it would remind one of a lap steel.