SotM #56 - The winner is...

What's Hot
stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
edited February 2020 in Making Music
The winner of Solo of the Month #56 is:

1st : @stratman3142 : 20 points : Many thanks for the votes. Very surprised and lucky to win this one. The voting was very close overall and a single person's vote could have swung it any way.

2nd : @Modellista: 15 points
3rd : @Mudslide73 : 14 points

The aim was: "an attempt at a psychedelic type track".

Thanks to all that entered. Loads of variety.

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Its rigged!  Haha no not really. Great job, another excellent round.  Keep up the good work. 
  • Well done, a great selection from everyone and a worthy winner.

Thanks for the kind comments from @soma1975 and others.  Seems my entry split opinion - perhaps I should have considered the stated brief more before jumping in.  Actually I don't think I've ever considered any "theme" as such, just whatever instinct told me would play well over the backing track, which amounts to whatever falls out of the guitar when I'm noodling over it.  

Learning point - it's worth working out how they intended style of the track translates into a solo, perhaps by listening to similar songs by accepted masters of the genre, working out how they get that sound, rather than just ploughing in with one's own style!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Well done, a great selection from everyone and a worthy winner.

Thanks for the kind comments from @soma1975 and others.  Seems my entry split opinion - perhaps I should have considered the stated brief more before jumping in.  Actually I don't think I've ever considered any "theme" as such, just whatever instinct told me would play well over the backing track, which amounts to whatever falls out of the guitar when I'm noodling over it.  

Learning point - it's worth working out how they intended style of the track translates into a solo, perhaps by listening to similar songs by accepted masters of the genre, working out how they get that sound, rather than just ploughing in with one's own style!

This one had more of a definite theme than usual. Usually it's a bit more open to interpretation. But it's up to individuals how they vote. I honestly thought you would win this one when I heard your entry.

It's not a competition.
  • Well played Stratman and good entries all round.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Well played everyone and congratulations to @stratman3142 on a great entry. A lot of fun this month with loads of variety. 

Thanks for the votes and nice feedback - very unexpected and lovely. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"