Custom made Ibanez-style neck for Ibanez S series project

Hello forum

I was hoping to pick up an Ibanez S series Prestige model this year, so waited patiently to see what would be unveiled at NAMM 2020, only to be a little disappointed - there was nothing new in the Prestige range, and they even seem to have discontinued the only model I would consider buying (the green S6521Q). So I'm thinking about getting hold of a cheap or second-hand S Series, finishing the body in a colour that isn't the blue or brown bursts that all the current S Series models seem to have, upgrading the pickups and hardware, and hopefully getting a high-grade flame maple neck custom made. I had a couple of newbie questions for any UK-based neck makers or any forum users who have tried to get an Ibanez-style neck custom made:

Firstly, is it permitted to request a luthier make a neck exactly to the specs of an Ibanez neck, down to the headstock design? I only ask because it seems everyone is making guitars and replacement necks with the Fender Strat/Tele Gibson Les Paul shaped headstocks, but I never see anyone offering a custom made Ibanez shaped headstock. 

Secondly, if I end up getting hold of an S Series to use, it will most likely have a 24 fret neck, but ideally I'd want a 22 fret neck. Are there any issues with scale lengths or anything I should be aware of, or is changing the number of frets generally not a good idea? 

Finally, if anyone has had an Ibanez-style neck made, would you be able to refer me to the maker's website, or provide any recommendations.

My ideal specs would probably be a nice high-grade one-piece flame maple (contemplating roasted), stainless steel frets with the fret edges and fingerboard edges treated as on high-end guitars. I'm looking for something of a quality that you'd expect from a high-end guitar, not just a replacement for an Indonesian made Ibanez neck. 

Or alternatively, depending on the body finish I go for, a flame-maple neck with a high-grade black ebony fretboard. I own a Jem with an ebony fretboard, but it has a lot of pores/graining and is much less aesthetically pleasing than the dense black slabs of ebony on my Jackson Soloist SL1 and my PRS DGT. The ebony fretboards on the recent Ibanez Prestige models all look a bit too much like rosewood for my taste. 

Anyway, grateful for any advice or recommendations,

Many thanks

Edward
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom