NGD - Gibson Non Reverse Firebird

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Kylef said:
    Spent a bit of time setting mine up tonight. Really loving it so far, alot of guitar for that money. 

https://imgur.com/a/M7xZemh
    Looks great, red was my second choice
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    Mods. Please, please close this thread before I tear what's left of my hair out ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Great score that is and looks lovely 

I was quite tempted by the CS Les Paul Junior gold top but someone beat me too it. Probably for the best
  • Lovely guitar. I have a 3xP90 (actually P100) model, 2011 run as my main guitar. Will post pics later, its had a hard life!

I noticed a Pelham Blue version of your advertised on Facebook just now for £975... quick £400 score for the seller! 
    www.theflyingacesband.com
    tFB Trader
    MattNovak said:
    Lovely guitar. I have a 3xP90 (actually P100) model, 2011 run as my main guitar. Will post pics later, its had a hard life!

I noticed a Pelham Blue version of your advertised on Facebook just now for £975... quick £400 score for the seller! 
    Really...? That’s poor, why wouldn’t you enjoy it.

I’d like to see yours, I’m amazed at how comfortable it is
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • Jason said:
    MattNovak said:
    Lovely guitar. I have a 3xP90 (actually P100) model, 2011 run as my main guitar. Will post pics later, its had a hard life!

Just took a few kitchen table shots. I did warn you it's had a hard life:

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Looks amazing, I love it
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    Some nice Burds on show.

Twas in the studio last night and took my one along:

http://imgur.com/a/quhXTQV

Cheers 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• That's a great looking guitar, is it all original? I'm adding a Maestro to my next build, which is a NR Firebird.  
    Many thanks @MattNovak :)

No, it started life with 3 p90s and a stop tail. I've also rewired it (couldn't resist) and it's got a Lollar p90 in the bridge position. Great guitar, stupidily sold it some years ago but got it back last year.

Cheers 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14304
    tFB Trader
    That is a killer deal jason
  • MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    edited February 2020
    shugz said:
    Many thanks @MattNovak

No, it started life with 3 p90s and a stop tail. I've also rewired it (couldn't resist) and it's got a Lollar p90 in the bridge position. Great guitar, stupidily sold it some years ago but got it back last year.

Cheers 
    Hugh

Interesting to note that yours has much rounder body edges than mine (2011) and the most recent ones. Something I'll keep in mind when I get the router out on this:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cool, that looks like it'll be a rather fine geetar.

My Burdy is a custom shop one albeit I'm not saying that as a badge of honour or anything. Just in case that explains the body shaping or not. I've played and owned quite a few of these and the one I have now is probably the best player I've had. Heard an old 60s one that sounded the part but played very badly. Some of the modern ones are really great sounding guitars.

Cheers 
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• Nice looking guitar. I was very tempted by them as they were an absolute bargain, if they had been fitted with P90 pickups I wouldn’t have been able to resist. Firebird pickups sound excellent but I already have them in one of my many guitars. However there is some regret that I didn’t buy one at the bargain price.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3884
    MattNovak said:
    Jason said:
    MattNovak said:

Just took a few kitchen table shots. I did warn you it's had a hard life:

Oof, stunner. Those brown ones with the three soapbars are the dogs dangly bits.