This is why I play guitar

What's Hot
Basically :)

Just farting around.

If you don't have time for several minutes of mindless twaddle best give this a miss!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14427
    If you don't have time for several minutes 
    I confess that I skimmed through it.

Favourite moment; the feedback at the end. IMO, that is genuinely worth sampling to paste into a recording project. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Don't know if it's the two amps but there's feedback aplenty! Luckily I love it. 

Thanks for giving it a whirl  :)
  • Tbh I was pretty chuffed with my rig sound. Didn't really think about the playing. Turns out a phone recording on YouTube doesn't sound that good anyway...so... :3
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    You’ve got that throaty Money For Nothing tone going on there. Which I like.
  • AlexC said:
    You’ve got that throaty Money For Nothing tone going on there. Which I like.
     Thanks very much. Have done a few wee tweaks recently but think that's about it. 

Think I'll attempt a better production soon. Got a couple old mics from my late uncle that I've not tried yet either. 

One is a shure 517. Hoping I'll prefer that to my sm57 (as I'm not a massive fan(do the job and all that)). Any ideas anyone?

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited February 2020
    Maybe I could ask for some help identifying the speaker in my WEM Clubman?
    The frame is painted entirely in battle-ship grey. No sticker on back, apart from a tiny round green one (16ohm). There's a clear number 10087 and also a much lighter/harder to read number under that that seems to read 38774. Next to that is a circle (rsize of 2p) made up of two thin lines. There is another marking in the circle but it's just a black blob now.
    Any help much appreciated! Just out of interest more than anything else.
    Very "British" sounding amp (is the way I use it anyway) but it does have a touch of "sag" that the greenback in the Westminster doesn't really have. Just enough for me (have to admit I've wondered how a wee similar sized (5w10") fender type would sound with the westy. Wish I still had the old vibrochamp that was half-inched years ago! Would probably need to build a kit to get something like that these days.

It's not going anywhere anytime soon anyway! Don't think I could get anything better. Not that I could afford (or would pay) for something "better" anyway!
  • ^ that might best be asked in the Amps section.
  • Yeah just being a bit lazy  :3
    If I can get some pics up I'll maybes start a new thread.
  • Point of the thread really was that this is why I play. Switch on and just loose myself for a bit. For that time I'm playing there's no worries, no stress, just me and my rig. Doesn't even really matter if others like it as long as I feel like I can "escape" for a moment. After playing, could be 20mins could be couple of hours, I feel like I've washed away a lot of stress.
    Was interested in what motivates others to play guitar?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m motivated by my love for 80s rock  and the need to get up and play something
    edited February 2020
    I’m motivated by my love for 80s rock  and the need to get up and play something

And why not.

Long live '80s rock! \m/
  • I've listened to quite a few of your tracks posted on here over the years & always enjoy them. This one's no exception. I'd actually like to hear the same thing without the loop. Great work.
    I think I play for varying reasons, sometimes some of what you said about being "present" in something for a time & letting other stuff go for a bit.
    Some of it is just being able to make a sound I like hearing (obviously in the form of some kind of tune). Sometimes add lyrics, when there's no one around.

Anyway, good idea for a thread.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks man  :)

Tbh the vid wasn't really meant to sound great, it was just an example of the kind of thing I get up to when nobody's watching  :3
    The phone was too close I think (or amp too loud). I tried again with it further away and it sounded much better 
    Not done any proper recording for a while now. Think, when I'm feeling a bit better, I'll have another go.

I'm actually pretty happy with my "tone" but it doesn't sound so good in that recording. 

I thought it was an interesting question anyway B) =) 

• steven70steven70 Frets: 1263
    edited September 2023
    j
  • Wow! Wasn't expecting that, thanks  =)

Listening to some QMS at the moment...cool!
  • LegbaLegba Frets: 2
    Yup, that was ok... I could tell you were have a blast and enjoying yourself; bravo!  Liked the guitar tone (was that a P90 pup?)  Growled quite nicely... my last three guitars have sported P90's... really loving the roar edge they have :)  Keep on rocking dude...
    "Oh, I can get us there real quick!"
    Thanks mate  :)

It was humbuckers, t-tops. I do like that kinda growl though, always fancied something with p-90s. 
  • Grungy and cool Dave, I like it! Throw all sense out and just jam the fuck out, that's the amazing thing about guitar for sure!

Bye!

Thanks Drew mate, glad you dig it!  :)