Has anyone posted a guitar to Denmark?

What's Hot
Had an offer for my guitar, but means posting to Denmark any idea on price? 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2807
    I sent a guitar to Hungary.  UPS - £70 insured.
  • Thanks, it sold for a good amount and don't mind splitting the cost, I did put in the listing that if it went overseas it would need to additional hard case. But not sure they read that part

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2807
    It will definitely need a hard case.  Mine was in fact an acoustic and I have to admit I was a bit anxious but absolutely no problems.  Hard case and I packed it extremely well - packaging/newspaper in every conceivable space and double boxed in really sturdy boxes.  A bit OTT but worth it I think.
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Not a chap called Zoran by any chance is it?
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 886
    edited February 2020
    It isn't. Is there something I should know. I was surprised not to be contacted first before it sold

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Me.  2 weeks ago, for my Feline DC Jr.

Initially booked DPS via Parcels 2 Go.  They dicked me about 3 days running.  Cancelled and had a moan, then booked the professionals: UPS.  Picked up when they said, tracked all the way, delivered the day they said.  Bish bosh. 

If Carling did guitar courier services...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Price wise was about £70.  I went halves with my new Danish chum.

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Cool thanks. Sounds OK. Just asked if he is OK to buy a hardcase to make it more secure. I don't really want to sell it but sending without seems madness. Will it be insured for full amount for £70

• I have to say slightly nervous but as long as its insured

I have to say slightly nervous but as long as its insured
    I've sent to Poland, Denmark, France, Bulgaria and Germany now without problems of breakage.  Pack in a hard case, detune the strings, bubble wrap any wiggle room in the case.  Then wrap that bugger in an ocean of packing.  Imagine it needs to withstand an airdrop into Islamic State controlled territory.  Then add more bubble wrap :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Make sure to read the fine print on insuring musical instruments for international postage. A lot of the usual suspects will happily take your money and ship for you, all the while not actually covering you for the damage/loss insurance you have paid for.
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8733
    monoamine said:
    Make sure to read the fine print on insuring musical instruments for international postage. A lot of the usual suspects will happily take your money and ship for you, all the while not actually covering you for the damage/loss insurance you have paid for.
    The Post Office will happily tell you that once it’s left the UK it’s not their problem. They refuse to accept any responsibility for the foreign agents they have contracted with for local delivery.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Go UPS but read the packing instructions for guitars - hard case and cardboard outer. If you don't have the latter you can buy one on Bay or talk to a local guitar shop. I've shipped about 10 guitars with UPS within the UK, as well as overseas to the USA and Europe. Never had a problem. There's also excellent tracking and confirmation when delivered and signed for ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Just waiting to hear if the buyer is OK to buy the hardcase, don't mind paying the extra for postage, I had put 45 as approx price and asked to contact me if overseas before purchase, but clearly didn't read that part.

Tbh with ebay fees it would be easier to take less and not have the issues with trying to arrange. Can't believe ebay take a percentage of the postage money in fees, how is that possible. I believe rrbern do that as well. Bizarre 

• Fretwired said:
    Go UPS but read the packing instructions for guitars - hard case and cardboard outer. If you don't have the latter you can buy one on Bay or talk to a local guitar shop. I've shipped about 10 guitars with UPS within the UK, as well as overseas to the USA and Europe. Never had a problem. There's also excellent tracking and confirmation when delivered and signed for ..
    Local guitar shop, I wish they have all closed.