Northwest necks anyone?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    thegummy said:

My most recent purchase I "put together" by buying a full MiM Strat that I liked the body and trem of and a separate neck that I preferred to the MiM's neck.
    Said neck is now installed on my partscaster to replace a much older one that would have needed refretting, and was recently Felined to bring it up to snuff. It's the circle of life. 
    Excellent, love to hear this :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    impmann said:
    thegummy said:
    tabano said:
    Since it’s going to be my 1st build I think I will go the cheap way...
    I don't know what their necks are like but, as a rule of thumb, the neck is the last part of a guitar I'd cheap out on.
    Agree with this.

My most recent purchase I "put together" by buying a full MiM Strat that I liked the body and trem of and a separate neck that I preferred to the MiM's neck.

The neck itself cost more than the whole MiM guitar!
    I can understand this POV, but expensive doesn’t always mean “perfect” for you.
    One of my favourite necks cost £30 from eBay and I’ve owned Fender, Warmoth etc Its just a nice, easy to play neck that suits me.

TBH, unless the wood is utter pants or the wrong profile, the rest is just finish and fretwork. 
    You're right, expensive didn't always mean it's better for you. I just already had an American Standard from that year and knew I loved the neck so felt it was worth paying a lot for the neck as it's the part I wouldn't skimp on.

The main reason I preferred it to the stock neck was that it has rounded edges which I don't think is possible to do to the stock neck without extensive work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom