Recommend me a nylon string guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8731
    Jalapeno said:

If money no object ...
    I do feel that it will be Coronavirus, rather than money, which limits this venture.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GTCGTC Frets: 266
    I've just bought a left-handed Furch GNc2 SW Nylon crossover guitar from Budapest via Reverb. I'm still waiting for it to be delivered but, according to tracking, it has just reached the UK according to parcel tracking. It was only collected on Friday.

What makes this a particularly interesting and different crossover guitar is that the nut width (45mm) and fingerboard radius (400mm) are similar to that of a steel-strung acoustic. The right-handed version can be viewed here: https://reverb.com/item/32878284-furch-gnc2-sw-nylon-strings-crossover-acoustic-guitar-with-gigbag .

I'll try and do an update when it hopefully arrives
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GTCGTC Frets: 266
    edited April 2020
    Re my post above - the Furch arrived from Hungary yesterday, just three working days after it was shipped despite my fears of long delays or even getting it at all. Ernie at StageShop in Budapest was extremely helpful.

My first impressions are very positive. The neck / fingerboard profile make for very easy playing and the articulation and clarity of the individual strings are the best I've heard from any crossover guitar and all but the most expensive conventional classicals.

To say I'm delighted would be an understatement. My one has a solid sitka top and solid walnut back and sides, has a satin finish and comes with a padded gig bag. They also do a similar model with a cedar top - and two more expensive models with a gloss finish, rosewood back and sides and a Hiscox case. 

A couple of photos of mine are shown below.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom