Valuing the Internets most hated guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Came here expecting to see a chapman
    lol that was my guess too.

I think possibly the anti-Rob sentiment leaves them rated lower than they would otherwise be but the high quality of the guitars themselves forces begrudging acceptance of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    prowla said:
    How can a network technology hate a guitar?
    Because it has robotic tuners.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72504
    Alnico said:
    I expected a Marlin Sidewinder.
    So did I :).

Or a 70s Woolworths Audition or something like that.

2015 Les Pauls are OK, if you want a wider neck... and you fit a proper nut that matches the width of them, ditch the robot tuners, and refinish the headstock.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Don't forget Chairman Les serenely waving on the back of the headstock too. On the plus side if and when you do take off the robotuners you'll have no problem selling them - I've sold a few sets on eBay and they always go quickly.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72504
    johnl said:
    Don't forget Chairman Les serenely waving on the back of the headstock too.
    I don’t mind that actually, although I know some people do.

But I can’t stand the wide neck so it would never be a question for me anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein