Another closure

What's Hot
Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2402
Anyone who has ever queued through Harrogate on their way to York will have noticed Guitarzone, sadly its closing down next week. Seems to have been there an awful long time....

https://www.guitarzone.co.uk/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14511
    edited February 2020
    Market forces, I’m afraid.

The modern way is to gawk at web site photographs, fantasise and, eventually, click on a Buy Now rollover box. 

If/when the product fails to live up to the fantasy within days, it can be returned for a full refund. Retailer takes the hit. This is not sustainable.

Going to a physical shop to try instruments in person and, then, supporting that stockist by making a purchase seems to be a thing of the past.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Market forces, until Amazon starts to open physical stores, after the competition closes, so we can view products. And we will all say what an amazing idea. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Didn’t guy from that shop appear on Stars In Their Eyes as ‘Eric Clapton’ many years ago? Or is there another guitar shop in Harrogate?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Didn’t guy from that shop appear on Stars In Their Eyes as ‘Eric Clapton’ many years ago? Or is there another guitar shop in Harrogate?
    A friend of mine took great offence the other day - “Don’t you tell me my girlfriend’s inadequate!”

I said, “I didn’t - I said she was from Harrogate....”
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14311
    tFB Trader
    Didn’t guy from that shop appear on Stars In Their Eyes as ‘Eric Clapton’ many years ago? Or is there another guitar shop in Harrogate?
    A friend of mine took great offence the other day - “Don’t you tell me my girlfriend’s inadequate!”

I was brought up as a kid near Harrogate - Ripon - I still love that whole area and if I did not have my family in Ashbourne, I'd move back there straight away
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14311
    tFB Trader
    Didn’t guy from that shop appear on Stars In Their Eyes as ‘Eric Clapton’ many years ago? Or is there another guitar shop in Harrogate?

I was brought up as a kid near Harrogate - Ripon - I still love that whole area and if I did not have my family in Ashbourne, I'd move back there straight away
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3594
    My first and so far only visit to Harrogate was last July when we stayed in the St George. Didn't think to look up the local shops at the time, but did find the nice blues bar on montpellier parade. Lovely looking town unlike some of the dirty unloved places down here in the south.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom