Tools and spares for gigs - coping with breakage/emergencies

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1315
    There are some good points to take from this thread.  In my kit bag I also keep a small bottle of Germolene New Skin.  I've yet to use it live, but you never know when the setlist might attack your important finger...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    Bod said:
    In my kit bag I also keep a small bottle of Germolene New Skin.  I've yet to use it live, but you never know when the setlist might attack your important finger…
    Also not mentioned so far - a good big pair of builders/gardeners gloves.

It's a real pain ( :) ) having to play a gig after you've crushed your fingers between an amp and a car door frame or something similar. Protect your hands when you're carrying your gear - you look a bit of a wuss, but you'll know it's worth it the first time you don't, and crush your fingers… speaking from experience!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    Danny1969 said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Here's one I read about in a magazine many years ago:

a packet of Rizlas.

In the event of any knobs coming loose (guitar/amp/pedals) due to the teeth on the spline wearing down then wrap a fag paper round the shaft and push the knob back on. In a similar vein to packing a screw hole with a matchstick when a screw has come loose.
    Plumbers tape works better for that,
    Just don't skin-up with it! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    ICBM said:
    Protect your hands when you're carrying your gear
    You carry your own gear??? 

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom