Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Rage Against the Machine dates announced

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Complaints about the line up for Reading/Leeds made the Radio 4 news this week!
    Would certainly be slim pickings for me on that line up, although I'm not exactly the target audience. My son worked at Leeds festival last year but I think he was a bit disappointed in the line up. 

It does seem a bit of a dichotomy that RATM were  once about being anti establishment but they're now touring as a legacy band flogging merchandise. But plenty of precedents for that; gotta pay the mortgage I guess. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3401
    edited February 2020
    soma1975 said:
    Wait, are we saying Barack Obama isn't black? 

Fuuuuuck me. 

Next they'll be telling us that Trump isn't Orange.

I'd love to see RATM live. They are one of the bands I always wanted to see in my youth but never did. Them, pearl jam, nirvana and the Prodigy.

Actually, wait, what bands DID I see in my youth? 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10262
    edited February 2020
    Tom Morello can obviously identify as black. He can also identify as many other things depending on his heritage. 

It's a bit low to attack him on that. He has a multicultural, complex heritage and identity and no one has any real reason to question him on that. Doing so would be considered racist in my book.

Anyway. I'd love to see them at Brixton Academy but I'm not going to go Reading for the day, even if it would be cool to see Zack join Run The Jewels on stage. 

@Nelson Come see Pearl Jam and the Pixies at Hyde Park! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    They were good in 2008 by the way. Funny enough at the time I remember huge, huge anticipation like they'd not been together in 20 years, but they'd played that same festival only 8 years before.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    edited February 2020
    Jesus wept

I return to find the thread has evolved (?devolved) to a 1980s student union debate.

Without engaging with any of the above nonsense, any Brass Against fans or arrivistes may be happy to know that the ensemble is touring the UK in March.  Just scored tickets for Islington.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8733
    edited February 2020
    Regular readers might notice that a racist discussion has been removed from this thread. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the discussion it was derailing the thread. Anyone who wants to read It can search in BCD. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5006
    Any fans of Inside Out?