Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Shijie guitar group buy opportunity

What's Hot
I’m sure many of you have become aware of shijie guitars , those that haven’t check out the YouTube vids. 
Well I was intrigued by them and looked into getting one in the uk but the price seemed high at $780 plus $180 shipping or so. 
So I contacted them and for 24 pieces the price drops considerably as will shipping. 
So.........anyone interested in a group buy?
Get 24 of us together, place an order and distribute the guitars out from here. I haven’t looked too deeply into final price but guitar alone comes in at £500 ish (for ste model) plus a bit for taxes and shipping. I of course will get firmer details and prices if enough folks are interested and take it from there.
any interest?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31640
    I'd never heard of them so had a quick look, and although they look nice enough there's nothing special enough to warrant ordering a couple of dozen from the other side of the world tbh. 

And they do go in for those horrible crumbly gingerbread necks in a big way don't they? 
    I can't wait 'til that silly fad is over. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    I'm at work so can't do too much research - is there a USP (Unique Selling Point) for these or are they generic copies of Fender/Gibson/etc?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    longjaw said:
    I'm at work so can't do too much research - is there a USP (Unique Selling Point) for these or are they generic copies of Fender/Gibson/etc?
    Not sure you saved much time with the abbreviation there...

These are to Fender / Suhr what Eastman is to Gibson.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3057
    Not my cup o tea......however, heres a link
    http://www.enxiguitars.com/product11.html
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14323
    tFB Trader
    A golden rule of business is to find your potential buyer before you place the order

I don't see 24 buyers for such guitars 

Don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with them - But considering, most/many have never heard of them and the market place is already over saturated with good options, then based on the 'Dragon's Den' quote 'I'm out'

Remember 'plus a bit for tax/shipping' - it is effectively 25% including vat
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    edited February 2020
    Are you mad!!?!???!? (meant respectfully not harshly of course!)

For one thing I can't see 6 people here wanting one let alone 24 people, but also  ...... how would you determine who got which one when they turned up? Out of 24 there's probably at least 2 great ones and three complete turkeys. I think that everyone would want pick of the litter.

edit: Just been to the website and they do look rather nice. Still a no from me though!

http://www.enxiguitars.com/product11.html
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14323
    tFB Trader
    axisus said:
    Are you mad!!?!???!? (meant respectfully not harshly of course!)

For one thing I can't see 6 people here wanting one let alone 24 people, but also  ...... how would you determine who got which one when they turned up? Out of 24 there's probably at least 2 great ones and three complete turkeys. I think that everyone would want pick of the litter.
    any LDSR available ???

I recall a time when I worked for Academy of Sound and we created our own 'brand' of Far Eastern copies to compete with the likes of Squier, Yamaha Pacifica and I suppose Epiphone - We ordered around a 1000 guitars - You'd probably find 10% , so 100, needed serious work to make them playable, or indeed some were beyond repair and only suitable as parts 

Would be interesting to find out how many such guitars sit in Thomann's warehouse - I know the JHS warehouse in Leeds has many such Vintage models 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • For starters i haven’t ordered anything yet. Do you guys not know how a group buy works? You look at the catalogue and place an order for the guitar you want. You can customise how you see fit. Each individual guitar gets an individual price based on spec (some will be standard spec for sure)
    if there happened to be 23 other people like me (maybe less if a couple of people fancied more than 1 guitar) we place an order for the guitars we want, pay, wait, receive, play!!!
    if there are not enough to initiate the discounted rate then I don’t order anything - pretty simple really.  
    what won’t happen is someone gets left with the dregs that no one else wanted. You want a blue one, you order and receive and pay for a blue one. You want an HSS, same deal. There may be 2 identical species guitars ordered, true but then who gets which is fairly easy to sort out and the chances of one being awesome and the other being shite are quite slim.
    It looks on first impressions that maybe this won’t happen, fine, I’ll go on wondering what they are like I guess but as there are no other shijie threads open that I can find I suppose this can turn into a general chat about that. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • £500 buys a bloody good second hand guitar that I can try before I buy.   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • £500 buys a bloody good second hand guitar that I can try before I buy.   
    This is true but £500 can also be a mortgage payment or a holiday??? 
    If you are interested in THESE guitars, there could be a chance to buy one. If not, buy something else
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10266
    It would be difficult to get that amount of people together for the long time regulars, but I think as a new poster it's just not gonna happen. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • It would be difficult to get that amount of people together for the long time regulars, but I think as a new poster it's just not gonna happen. 
    That’s fair enough. I am dodgy as hell!!!!!!
    happy to let a more established poster take on the role, it’s not hard. Liase with shijie and place an order based on the forum members requirement. 
    I’ve been a member for years actually, just that I don’t feel the need to waste time spouting arse gravy on every thread like some people clearly seem to!
    15reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gazrichards said:

I’ve been a member for years actually, just that I don’t feel the need to waste time spouting arse gravy on every thread like some people clearly seem to!
    Nice way to ingratiate yourself.

The scheme sounds like a lot of hassle to save a few hundred quid. If you want one of these guitars so much why not just order one at the normal asking price and let us know how good it is?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10266
    It would be difficult to get that amount of people together for the long time regulars, but I think as a new poster it's just not gonna happen. 
    That’s fair enough. I am dodgy as hell!!!!!!
    happy to let a more established poster take on the role, it’s not hard. Liase with shijie and place an order based on the forum members requirement. 
    Long term or not, if you want people to go into what is essentially financial dealings that you're proposing, familiarity breeds security. It's nothing to do with you, trust means a lot.

And chill out, people aren't interested. Don't start spouting that arse gravy you're so annoyed by. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24843
    edited February 2020
    I think this plan lacks ambition.

If I sold my house I reckon we could negotiate a serious discount with the proceeds of sale. This time next year, we could all be millionaires!

Who’s in?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think this plan lacks ambition.

If I sold my house I reckon we could negotiate a serious discount with the proceeds of sale. This time next year, we could all be millionaires!

Who’s in?
    You live in Manchester? Sell your house and you’ll be lucky to cover a Harley Benton 
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think this plan lacks ambition.

Who’s in?
    You live in Manchester? Sell your house and you’ll be lucky to cover a Harley Benton 
    You might want to check Rightmove....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Guys, c'mon...take it down a notch, eh? It's a perfectly reasonable proposition; just because you don't fancy it, doesn't mean that nobody will, and that's certainly no reason to shit on it as though it's the most brain-dead idea you've ever heard of. Hell, this is precisely what EUGG was set up to do, and it works pretty damn well for those guys.

@gazrichards - Look up the EUGG Facebook group, or get hold of @wizbit81 on here, and see if you can work something out between you. Can't guarantee it, obviously, but worth a try :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3553
    I think this plan lacks ambition.

Who’s in?
    You might want to check Rightmove....
    Doesnt Rightmove sound like a Bond girl?

That guitar manufacturer, never heard of them before, but they cant be serious cos they dont make a Tele.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • It’s like that Ricky gervais sketch where the guy phones up the guitar teacher after seeing his advert to yell at him that he doesn’t want guitar lessons. If it’s not for you, walk away. 
    Maybe it’s the wrong crowd but I’ve been involved in group bits before on other things (bike parts, sports equipment etc) and often the supplier sets it up and once the threshold has passed the discount comes live. 
    I was intrigued by the guitar, found the dealer/distributor network to be prohibitive, sent a message to them asking a question and got a rapid perfect English response. Others may feel the same and may wish to consider the options that could be available. If not, fine! Thanks for your time. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom