SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD***FS/FT: Gretsch 6121 Roundup Upgraded TV Jones Duo Tron, Tru Arc Bridge and electronics.

AirForceGazAirForceGaz Frets: 7
edited February 2020 in Guitars £

Here we have a rare beauty:

A 1990 Gretsch 6121 Roundup in Western Orange.

Gretsch 6120 Roundup

This guitar is a joy to play and looks incredible, she's a real fretless wonder and has a wonderful comfortable neck and the Bigsby is bang on. There is some tarnishing on the hardware as you'd expect for 30-year-old gold hardware, it all adds to the mojo.

Let's talk upgrades, I have upgraded the following:

• TV Jones Duotron set (original pups included)
  • Tru Arc brass Serpentune bridge (original bridge included)
  • 0.47uf Orange Drop Capacitor
  • Vintage Cloth Wire
  • Vintage Audio Taper CTS Pots 500k

That's £500 + of upgrades here making this the ultimate Gretsch solid body, she sounds like a Tele on steroids!!

Price-wise I am asking £1700, am willing to knock off cash if you do not want the pups and/or bridge as stock equipment is in fine working order.

I am selling this guitar as I have some serious GAS for a gold top Les Paul so very much up for trades for a Gold Top with p90's. Also interested in hollow bodies and Semi's such as 6120's, Gibson ES and the sort so feel free to get in touch if you have something up for trades (nothing pointy).

I am based in Birmingham, am willing to meet somewhere within reason, I am reluctant to post as she is worth too much for me to risk.

Please follow the link below for pictures.

Cheers,

Gareth

Gretsch 6121 Roundup pictures - please double-click on the thumbnails to see larger images.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Very nice! If I was after a solid bodied guitar, this would definitely get my nose twitching. You can deal with @AirForceGaz with confidence - he's a good 'un.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cool, 
    all the best with ur sale
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom