Would you post a semi-acoustic without a case?

What's Hot
scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
I’m struggling to sell a Gretsch Streamliner semi locally. If I put it on eBay and offer postage it will open up vastly bigger potential market but I’ve only got cardboard packaging. I’ve got a couple of guitar boxes and could wrap it as best as I can but is this pretty high risk given it’s a semi? I’ve had acoustics delivered from shops in single box safely but also seen couriers casually bung boxed amps from van to pavement... Cost of proper insurance is ridiculous so any problem and, as seller, I’m presumably done for. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72544
    Only if I could afford to write it off if something goes wrong. You will not get insurance without a case from most couriers, even if they take your money for it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    No
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Just buy an inexpensive case and factor it into the sale price?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6096
    Work on the presumption that courier may lay your box flat on floor of van and then use it as a walkway to retrieve other packages. Short version: No.
  • scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
    Consensus forming! Unfortunately a case to fit a 335 size guitar ain’t cheap. Probably best to keep the faith on local sale... Never sold anything on Reverb but that’s another option with local collection to widen audience. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18929
    Short answer, no.
    Have you thought of seeing if there any Fretboard members that can maybe sort a relay transport system to extend your range?
    Ask Harry7 for tips  ;)
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10269
    Fuck no. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
    Nice idea Kitty although when H7 asked if anyone was near Gillingham my immediate response was “Alas, yes.”
  • Just commented on your gretsch sale post. Please PM me  ;)