Suggestions for 1975 year bass

Yamaha77Yamaha77 Frets: 77
Thinking of buying a friend a surprise 1975 birth year bass later in the year for their 45th birthday. They like traditional looking instruments like Mustang, jazz, p bass, ricks. Just wondering good places to look other than eBay and this forum as would likely have to be a card purchase. Also wondering what other brands or maybe Jap builds from that era. thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6060
    The Epiphone ET280 is around that era - certainly has that 70's vibe. Ovation made some cool basses around that time too iirc.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    Trawl t'web for Matsumoku made instruments.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72337
    Trawl t'web for Matsumoku made instruments.
    Much as I'm a big fan of the company, I'm not sure they made anything of an original design and really decent quality as early as 1975 - that was more the copy era, and the original designs can best be described as interesting rather than great...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    You could have a look and ask a few questions on Basschat,. They're very helpful and knowledgeable over there, just as they are on here.