My lovely Rickenbackers

What's Hot
rze99rze99 Frets: 2302
Just because they are gorgeous. 

First, my 1998, 330, Fireglo. My wife bough this as a wedding present. How good is she?

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

and my 2009 330/12 Jetglo. Use this in 5 tracks in the set. Always sounds glorious.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Really nice. I really want another, stupidly sold my Mapleglo 330.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That first one looks like my 1999. Just an excuse to show it off:

https://i.imgur.com/BQ2PxCU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RUmxPXN.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Really nice. I really want another, stupidly sold my Mapleglo 330.
    Ditto.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Fireglo.
    The nicest finish known to man.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6907
    A lovely pair. Got my FG 330 last year after wanting one for a very long time. Mines a 2011 model. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Lovely Rickies mate... congrats.

After collecting them for years, Im down to one.

Still after a Jetglo 330 though ;)
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2302
    one or two here might enjoy my snaps from the recent exhibition at the beautiful Somerset House in London at the "About the Young Ideal" exhibition of The Jam artifacts put together by his sister, Nikki Weller.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rmelson/sets/72157655664881060

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skayskay Frets: 394
    @rze99 great photos mate!

I used to know the current owner of the fireglo 330 with 'The Boys' sticker on it, as he was the manager of my band back in the mid 90's, and he let me borrow it and I used it live!

I wasn't a massive Jam fan back then, but loved Rickenbackers (I had my own 330 in Jetglo already, still do), and came to appreciate the Weller connection a bit later on when I really got into The Jam. Cool guitar!

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2302
    skay said:
    @rze99 great photos mate!

I used to know the current owner of the fireglo 330 with 'The Boys' sticker on it, as he was the manager of my band back in the mid 90's, and he let me borrow it and I used it live!

I wasn't a massive Jam fan back then, but loved Rickenbackers (I had my own 330 in Jetglo already, still do), and came to appreciate the Weller connection a bit later on when I really got into The Jam. Cool guitar!
    That's cool and thanks for sharing it.
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1487
    Joining in.  1959 360 Capri:

1966 370-12 (converted from 360 a long time ago)

1967 360

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skayskay Frets: 394
    @PhilKing Rickenbackers have confusing names, as the 360 Capri has the 330 body shape, like the maple coloured 360 below. I also thought that all pre mid 60's Rics (when the rounded edges 360 model was released) had f-holes, so I'm learning all the time!

When you said you 'converted' your 360 12-string, to turn it into a 370, this means that you added a third pickup right?

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1487
    edited February 2020
    The Capri is very square edged and more pointy than the later ones.   didn't convert the 370, I picked it up long after the conversion was done, it had the middle pickup added and was refinished black.

I seem to remember that it was just the UK models that got the F-holes.  I've lived in the States since 1980, so all of these are US models.
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    With the addition of the Mapleglo 330/6 I acquired yesterday this is my Ric family:

We are all Chameleons...
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1957
    I love Rics - Look and sound amazing.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    PhilKing said:
    The Capri is very square edged and more pointy than the later ones.   didn't convert the 370, I picked it up long after the conversion was done, it had the middle pickup added and was refinished black.

I seem to remember that it was just the UK models that got the F-holes.  I've lived in the States since 1980, so all of these are US models.
    Yes, Rose-Morris, the importers, stipulated an f-hole for the British market for some reason. They also lack any deluxe trimmings too (see Chris Squire's bass for example).

I love the shape of the original Capri, with the narrower upper horn, Nice collection btw :)
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6907
    rze99 said:
    one or two here might enjoy my snaps from the recent exhibition at the beautiful Somerset House in London at the "About the Young Ideal" exhibition of The Jam artifacts put together by his sister, Nikki Weller.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rmelson/sets/72157655664881060

Thanks for sharing. For those of us who missed it - the exhibition is back in the Summer, bigger, better and in Brighton.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4942
    edited February 2020
    My name is Paul and I am a Ricaholic...

So much so that I've also got some rickenfakers.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4942
    dogload said:
    PhilKing said:

Yes, Rose-Morris, the importers, stipulated an f-hole for the British market for some reason. They also lack any deluxe trimmings too (see Chris Squire's bass for example).

I love the shape of the original Capri, with the narrower upper horn, Nice collection btw :)

The 4001S already existed before the Rose-Morris deal (mine, above, pre-dates it).
  • Any excuse...

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom