Chambered R8 price/experience?

What's Hot
sawyersawyer Frets: 732
There's a 2010 R8-CR come up near me for £2600. Nice flame top and everything with it. Is this about right pricewise? Anybody have experience of these? About 8 pounds so should be bit better on my knackered shoulder.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Had one and gigged it for years from the same year, they are great guitars. 

Massive neck and thin frets though but i got on with it fine.

• sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited February 2020
    Cheers:) thin frets mmm. I'm used to medium but will have to try and see. What we all thinking pricewise?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23030
    I have a 2012 CR8 which I bought about six years ago for £1,900, second hand.  It looks lovely, sounds a bit weird acoustically but fine plugged in, big neck and yes the frets are smallish but I guess that's the case with most vintage reissues.  It weighs just over 7lbs.  

I'm no expert on used guitar values but given the massive increases in new guitar prices in recent years, £2,600 doesn't sound bad to me.  Of course it's worth what you're prepared to pay...
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    edited February 2020
    I bought mine new for £2399 in 2010 and got my money back when I sold it a couple of years ago.
    Mine was a lightly figured one, VOS.

Is it the one in Darlington that's on FB you've seen?
    If so that looks to be a good top on that one.
    I was tempted myself.
    edited February 2020
    Yeah that's the one. I'm experiencing the money panic of ,not if i can afford it ,but if I can justify it ha. It's a proper nice top. Think small frets may be an issue.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2293
    I paid £2,250 used for my CR8 about 10 years ago from the old incarnation of Vintage & Rare in Bath. The neck is substantial but comfortable and the frets look to be medium width.

I was casually looking for a Les Paul at the time and didn’t intend to spend that much, but to me it was the best one in the shop - I tried them all to be sure!
    I'm proper torn ha. Getting the money out and have permission from my girl to pull the trigger.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Just a quick thought - is 8lbs a bit much for a chambered one? I’ve seen a few 8lb solid reissues and would have expected the chambered ones to be lighter?
    It's got the right CR serial number and he's having a guess at 8 pounds. Should be that or less I think? 
  • sawyer said: Getting the money out and have permission from my girl to pull the trigger.
    Er, what’s it got to do with her?  ;)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    Well nowt really,but its always nice if they on side:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom