Save the Fleece!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Evilmags said:

Yet another story of live music venue closed or impaired because of council jobsworths and arsepain neighbours. The spiralling costs  of  running a live venue is seriously damaging to live music and instrument based music in general. If the culture department of government had a little bit of nous it would realise that making live music cheap to put on and not swamping owners with regulations and other such shite costs a lot less than subsidising a few orchestras and other arts projects that have a very elitist audience (if any). Part of the advantages of living in a city centre is all the culture you have a your doorstep, and if you want to have that then you have to accept a bit of noise.   

The culture the government promotes is very elitist. In Gateshead we have The Sage and Baltic. The sage is actually alright, putting on free music and putting on concerts for folk and jazz type things, but still not exactly for the locals. The Baltic though just has shite modern art. I've never liked anything I've seen in there. But you get all the posh folk coming and loving it. It's good to have the tourists and whatnot, but it seems to be like "you should like this" rather than paying money for stuff the locals would actually enjoy.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    This happened to The Point in Cardiff - people who moved into redeveloped apartments around the venuw started complaining about the noise and eventually it had to close. Utter boolshit.
  • (Thread resurrection alert!)

This just popped up on The Fleece's facebook page:

The Flats opposite The Fleece were finished last week and residents have now started moving in. We are all holding our breath, praying that the noise complaints don't start flooding in. Meanwhile we thought we should share our new business rates valuation with you. We've been hit with a 404% increase which we simply cannot afford. The future of The Fleece as a viable business is far from secure and shit like this doesn't help! We are now fighting to put out fires on 2 fronts! Please share this to raise awareness. #savethefleece

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • (Thread resurrection alert!)

This just popped up on The Fleece's facebook page:

The Flats opposite The Fleece were finished last week and residents have now started moving in. We are all holding our breath, praying that the noise complaints don't start flooding in. Meanwhile we thought we should share our new business rates valuation with you. We've been hit with a 404% increase which we simply cannot afford. The future of The Fleece as a viable business is far from secure and shit like this doesn't help! We are now fighting to put out fires on 2 fronts! Please share this to raise awareness. #savethefleece

That is fucking disgusting. It's outright corruption and extortion and needs to be called that in the national press.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    Christ on a bike, how can they justify THAT?

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    This is really fucking depressing, because the Fleece is SUCH a great music venue (along with a lot of the other venues in that list). 

I agree this should be highlighted to the national press. 
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Disgusting. Bristol City Council are as corrupt as they come 
  • A similar thing happened to the Soundhaus a some years back. I went to my fair share of decent gigs there, and was gutted when it closed.
    Councils. Bunch of fucking cunts, the lot of 'em.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585

It's just Bristol's plan to completely destroy live music.  Of course they are "very proud" of the "heritage" but you know ... fuck it going forward cos flats.  It's absolutely disgusting.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    are they going out of fashion?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself