The Trogly's Guitar Show : NEW 2020 Epiphone Les Paul Classic Worn Purple Burst

What's Hot

Comments

• I really don’t like his videos.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    His reviews of the new Epiphones haven't been that positive so far. Best of the bunch looks to be the SG special of the ones he's shown. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnl said:
    His reviews of the new Epiphones haven't been that positive so far. Best of the bunch looks to be the SG special of the ones he's shown. 
    He makes out like a £350 guitar that’s traveled from China to the USA should play like a pro-set up private stock PRS, straight out of the box. It’s all for clicks. Knobhead.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7366
    I watched one of his videos the other day and immediately thought he was annoying, but I still found myself watching all 30 minutes of him unboxing guitars I have no interest in. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    johnl said:
    He makes out like a £350 guitar that’s traveled from China to the USA should play like a pro-set up private stock PRS, straight out of the box. It’s all for clicks. Knobhead.
    Hah, Have you considered applying for a job with the Epiphone marketing department?

On the one hand you've got his video which is brutally honest, even if you think it's a little overly critical (for what it's worth I'd expect a semi-decent fret job on anything more expensive than a Harley Benton). On the other hand you've got the Andertons video where the presenters spend an entire half hour in faux-shock that they are holding Epiphones and not top-of-the-range Gibsons lovingly brought into being through the sheer force of will of Les Paul himself. I know which sort of video I prefer....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    edited February 2020
    I didn't think it was unfair - I find a lot of new guitars need a fret dress so it didn't surprise me that this one did. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I do wonder where he manages to get the time and money to do this....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I do wonder where he manages to get the time and money to do this....
    He's a shifter.  Buys the guitars with his own cash, then puts them up for sale on his Reverb page.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom