New Epiphone Les Paul Special TV Yellow?

zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
Has anyone seen one of the above in the flesh, or even played one? The photos of them online make them look bright yellow and I was hoping they were a more original pale yellow. Can anyone please confirm their actual colour and neck size too please? Thank you in advance for any info you can give.
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• abw1989abw1989 Frets: 641
    I saw one in GuitarGuitar in Newcastle last weekend.

The yellow is definitely more of a bright canary yellow, but I cannot remember if it was a thru' finish or not.

The neck to me felt massive, a proper baseball bat style profile. I must put a caveat that I am one of the people on the internet who is 'wrong' as I actually do prefer the 60s SlimTaper profile so it may have been exaggerated to me. Either way, very chunky indeed.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    abw1989 said:
    I saw one in GuitarGuitar in Newcastle last weekend.

The yellow is definitely more of a bright canary yellow, but I cannot remember if it was a thru' finish or not.

The neck to me felt massive, a proper baseball bat style profile. I must put a caveat that I am one of the people on the internet who is 'wrong' as I actually do prefer the 60s SlimTaper profile so it may have been exaggerated to me. Either way, very chunky indeed.
    Thank you for your reply it’s very helpful, it’s a shame it’s a bright yellow but maybe one of the clever finishers on here can give advice on how to deal with that? The thick neck is great news as I have very large hands and have been wanting a good thick necked guitar for ages! To the rather clever finishers on here, what would be the best course of action to dull bright paint work please? The problem being is it has a gloss finish so don’t know what is possible.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.