DIY build - help!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Love the head shell. My complete lack of woodworking skills is why I've never done a kit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5654
    normula1 said:
    Love the head shell. My complete lack of woodworking skills is why I've never done a kit.
    Thanks mate. The woodworking is much easier if you have the right tools. Fortunately for me my dad used to be a pattern maker so has a garage full of woodworking tools and machinery. If I had to buy that lot new at today’s prices it would probably cost more than the mortgage on my house!

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72442
    Haych said:

Thank you. I’m rather proud of that bit. It used to be my dining room table. 
    Some years ago, my mother wanted to leave me her impressively ugly Victorian mahogany dining table in her will, and asked if I would like it. She wasn't happy when I stood looking at it for a while and then replied "yes please, I think I could get about a dozen guitar bodies out of it". It was subsequently sold... (she's still alive). I never even mentioned getting a couple of necks out of each of the hideous ornate legs either!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited February 2020
    It's one thing cutting up your mothers dining table for guitar bodies, but making necks from her legs is just wrong!

Extremely impressed at the fault diagnosis from a few pics, and great job Haych!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    John_A said:
    It's one thing cutting up your mothers dining table for guitar bodies, but making necks from her legs is just wrong!

Extremely impressed at the fault diagnosis from a few pics, and great job Haych!

My wife had a oak table that she inherited but decided to get rid of, I thought it would make a nice Trainwreck style head cabinet, Was really upset when I cut it up to find it was just veneer on chipboard... ha ha