Need Some Help Choosing a Telecaster

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• deloreandelorean Frets: 226
    rlw said:
    crunchman said:
    rlw said:

That has the big neck, and isn't a nitro finish.
    The neck isn't that big and the finish is soooo thin.....and it's cheap. 

I'd prefer to go with a nitro finish to be honest, thin poly doesn't really float my boat :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • delorean said:
    How much would it cost to refinish a Baja?

(Wondering as I have one just like the one for sale, and I've often idly wondered whether I could nitrofy it.)
    From what I've seen it seems to run somewhere in the £300-350 region depending on who you go to.
    That's just the body, if you want the neck nitro'd too you'll be looking at another couple of hundred.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Does it have to be a Fender? 

My standard thought when someone is looking for very specific features on a Strat or Tele is PARTSCASTER. 

You could build (or pay someone to build) exactly what you're looking for: I bet @GoldenEraGuitars could do something great for you. Add in pickups from @OilCityPickups & you'd have something special. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10268
    delorean said:
    How much would it cost to refinish a Baja?

(Wondering as I have one just like the one for sale, and I've often idly wondered whether I could nitrofy it.)
    From what I've seen it seems to run somewhere in the £300-350 region depending on who you go to.
    There are people here who I can recommend that will do it for half that. Also, if you're worried about resale a nitro finish might be a risky choice because people can be really fussy about any kind of marking. And they get all kinds of marks very easily. 
  • deloreandelorean Frets: 226
    So I've been offered a '52 Vintage Hot Rod Reissue in mint condition with case etc, plus £150, in exchange for my Les Paul Standard (which is gig-scarred and probably worth in the region of £1200-1300 on a good day).

Does this sound like a good deal?  It's a 4 hour drive (each way) so I thought I'd reach out for some reassurance lol =) 
  • American Special and refin the body in nitro. Hotrods and 52 AVRI tend to have bigger necks, whereas the AS is modern C-like ;)