NGD Eastman SB59 Special Edition Pearly Gates.

What's Hot
johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
edited February 2020 in Guitar

Yesterday I received my Eastman SB59. Massive thanks to Matt and to Music Street in Huntingdon. Nice to have such personal service and advice.

I was after a vintage styled Les Paul, but due to my broken shoulder, I can’t play anything over 8lbs for long. I had consigned myself to buying a used chambered R8. But having finally gathered up the money to buy one, I was still very hesitant about buying any expensive guitar without seeing it first. (Ironically, I did end up buying sight unseen).

On this forum, I received plenty of good feedback about the Eastman solidbodies as a reasonable alternative to a Gibson. I was fortunate enough that Matt responded to my post and offered to weigh the 3 Eastman SB59s that were in stock at a store local to him, Music Street in Huntingdon. By this stage the money was burning a hole in my pocket, so based on Matt’s recommendation I went for the lightest of the three SB59s in stock and just received it yesterday.

The Eastman is lovely. Timing was great since I had a jam with my blues band yesterday evening. For someone who loves warm vintage tones, the Eastman is perfect. And the weight is amazing for a guitar with a solid, one-piece mahogany back - it’s just over 7 1/2 lbs. The Duncan Pearly Gates pickups surprised me with how good they were - especially the neck pickup. None of the muddy neck pickup les Paul syndrome. When buying sight unseen, it’s always nice when a flawlessly built, beautifully set-up guitar arrives.

I totally understand it’s still the honeymoon period. But based on my experience so far, I’d have absolutely no hesitation in recommending either Eastman Guitars or Music Street.

Photos here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/SY0Faqa

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Great guitar and great store. My sb59 came from Music street and I cannot rate either highly enough. Enjoy!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey @johnhe , thanks for your kind words. Ive personally joined up on here, up for chatting/discussing guitars, amps, basses etc, always around to help! 
    Ive been at MusicStreet for nearly 5 years and absolutely love it! We are an independent store with a big heart and passion for all things guitars!!.
    Anyone needs any help, just shout! Spread the work!
    Thanks @Teyeplayer too!! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Welcome @AndyMusicStreetUK great to have another business here. :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Great to hear John, and enjoy the Eastman - it’s a cracker!
    www.theflyingacesband.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom