Can anybody recommend a case for a Gretsch 5622TG?

JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1266
...what it says in the title really (it’s the double cutaway, thinner bodied hollow one for those not able to decode Gretsch model numbers from memory).

Can any of the resident Gretsch cognoscenti recommend anything in particularly (including compatible cases which might be listed as being for other Gretsch models)?

For that matter would it go in a case meant for a Gibson/Epi 335/Dot reasonably snugly?

That would actually be quite handy as I’ve already got one of those around the house and as long as I don’t need/want to take them both out together I could save a bit of space by getting a suitable gig bag instead...
Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    It might do a 335 case, if the body measurements work. I got one for my 5422 and it *almost* closed, but the 5422 has an arched top & steeper neck angle which pushes the bridge and bigsby (even swung back) a fraction too high. The Centre Block versions are slightly thinner, have a flatter top and a shallower neck angle which means the bridge screws right into the body rather than through a wooden bridge like mine.

So... check the dimensions, don't take it as gospel, but I think a 335 case would work.
  • What Cirrus said - my G5422 doesn’t fit in a Gibson 335 case as it’s a little too vertical. I ended up with a Hiscox with pads which works well. 

A thinner centre block should probably be fine in a 335 case though. 
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1266
    Thanks all - I’ll sling the case for my Epiphone Dot lives in into the car when I go look at and try the guitar just in case I get lucky (it’s actually a generic Kinman so might be a little less closely fitted than a genuine Epi/Gibson item would be) otherwise I now know where to find the genuine item.

I actually found it slightly odd that a shop stocking a guitar like that wouldn’t have the correct case available for it as well, but who knows, maybe they just haven’t looked in the right corner of the stock room or identified the right object...

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...