Suggestions- locking tuners for Ibanez

What's Hot
Hi all
  I have an Ibanez FR2620, its a hardtail with the standard Ibanez headstock. I decided recently for a bit of fun to upgrade to locking tuners. Now, the guitar is fitted with Gotoh SG381's, so I thought no problem, I'll just buy the locking version....no need to drill out anything and no mess on the back of the headstock So I spent £65 plus £10 post on the Sg381 MG-T's, only to discover the string posts are too short grrr. Cost me £10 to send back and then Axesrus decided to only give me a partial refund with no explanation despite all packaging etc intact, WTF? Thats for another day though.  
  So, i dig a little deeper and turns out they come with 3 different length string posts (again, no mention of this on Axesrus)...but heres the kicker - none of them are as long as the standard (22mm)! Even if i buy a set of the extra long ones they have a staggered length, some of which will likely also be too short! See for yourselves...let me know if I'm interpreting it wrong;
https://g-gotoh.com/product/sg381/?lang=en

Anyways, I'm now down £30 and the afforementioned "fun" has been sucked out of this little upgrade lol.  looks like Ill have to go with another brand...can anyone with experience of Ibanez suggest what my best (least messy) options are for changing from Gotoh? I dont want anything that requires a smaller hole through the headstock...

Thanks!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments