Widening screw holes to put strap locks on

What's Hot
SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
edited February 2020 in Guitar
I've just picked up a rather wonderful 335 and for convenience I'd like to put strap locks on it

It's never been an issue before to just screw the slightly larger diameter screws that come with the Dunlop straplocks into the existing strap button holes, but in this case, there's too big a difference to comfortably plough on with forcing the strap lock screws in

I did consider just leaving it as-is and using retainer washers, but I tend to leave straps on guitars when they're in circulation (always off in the case) and I'm concerned that the leatherette Ernie ball polypro strap ends will burn the nitro if left in contact with the body (the strap locks move the strap another 1/4" away from the body, so it's no longer an issue.)

..also concerned about dropping the bugger whilst fiddling around putting the strap on each time if I just take it off!

I'm thinking that a hand drill (screwdriver action type) is probably the way to go, but would appreciate it if someone could fill me in on the gold standard way to do this myself?

Cheers

Baz
The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments