Midi cable chains or slitter box?

So my live keys rig is betting bigger.  Currently Im daisy chaining my midi cables.  so RD to FA (I do play FA sounds from the RDs zones) then to my peak, then to my Legend EXP module - and with the incoming Argon 8M to that as well.

Ive not had any obvious issues to date, and Im only transmitting note data (ie what I playing) - hold info (from a latch pedal) and volume (from an expression pedal).

Am I OK to keep doing this, or am I better adding a Midi slitter after the FA - then separate runs to the modules?

If so - is a passive box OK, or do I need a powered box?  - Id rather not run more power cables if I can help it.  Im already at 7.....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    Would something like this help you out? https://blokas.io/midihub/

I've one on order from the initial campaign but isn't likely to arrive until March/April and then it'll probably take me months to get around to using it...
  • That wont work for me - its powered by a USB bus, but I dont have USB on my live rig (its all traditional 5 pin DIN and no laptop/tablet).  Nice idea though.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    If it's working I wouldn't think about it too much tbh. How are you handling your patch changes with that amount of gear?
  • Change them all individually.  Not up to speed on changing patches by midi.

I have one patch oer song, and there saved in set order.  Finish song, patch up on each unit.