NGD - 2002 Highway One Stratocaster

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Thanks chaps, glad there's still a lot of love for these guitars. I need to put 11s on it to feel truly at home, even if I'm loathe to undo the excellent set up done by the guys at Strung Out! The neck feels a little bit wider than I'm used to however, my last strat was a Classic Vibe so perhaps not the most typical example. The pickups are hotter than the CV, which I like, and it sounds great with the classic combo of compression and tube screamer so I'm really looking forward to my first rehearsal with it on Thursday and kicking off wedding season next Saturday with it around my neck. 

The body has seen some action, which doesn't bother me and really just adds to the character of it. I could see me adding the Bridge pickup Tone mod and possibly changing the pickups at some point but not anytime soon, this guitar is going to get a lot of miles on it with me.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    My 1st run Highway one in blonde is still my main guitar. Bought it new for £400 I think - had a well known tech change the pickups to Seymour Duncans - alnico pros in the neck and middle, a full size chrome HB at the bridge. Wired so the middle is wide open and the 2nd tone works on the bridge. Aged scratch plate added at the same time. 

Its done 90% of band gigs since then, moved to Brazil with me when all other gear was sold, and played a jam night every week as the house guitar for prob 12 or 14 years. It is well worn / naturally relic`d and I love it.

It`s not the best strat in the world subjectively, but I still play it in preference to everything else I`ve owned since, including custom shop and masterbuilt strats. It`s just a great all round guitar!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom