Rombo Picks

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    edited March 2020
    Yeah received my diamonds and they’re not a patch on red jazz iii xl in tone or feel.
    The bevels are too blunt and they’re too thick.
    Straight into the failed pick experiment drawer...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BradBrad Frets: 668
    lysander said:
    I probably have more money invested in there than in the picks I actually use!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Brad said:
    lysander said:
    I probably have more money invested in there than in the picks I actually use!
    Wis’d I dread to think how much I have invested in mine! 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3094
    ^^ we should set up a swap group on here. One person's failed experiment pick could be the love of someone else's life.

That said I'm frightened of trying Bluechip etc. in case I really like them!
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15991
    ...his nose
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
    Really not enjoying mine unfortunately. Sounds nice on acoustic, but the grip texture and hole start too far back for me so don't actually help. If I hold it by them then there's too much pick tip sticking out for my liking.
  • colskicolski Frets: 20
    I shelled out for a set of four of the 2mm ones. I've gone from Jazz III's to 3mm Dunlop Flows in the last year, thought I'd try something new.
    Not impressed at all. First thing I noticed was how flexible they are compared to the large jazz III's. I measured the thickness with a digital caliper and it was 1.76mm at the widest point (middle), but only 1mm all round the edges. There is a tiny little ROMBO logo embossed right at the tip of the plectrum which kind of defeats the claim of the smoothness as it catches on the strings. Worth avoiding IMHO.
  • colskicolski Frets: 20
    .... And now, a week later, they're spamming my inbox with "PLAY GUITAR FASTER - GUITAR METHODS FOR SPEED PLAYING". Shoddy nonsense.
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1347
    Mine have gone in the 'worth having a go but not for me' drawer..

Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that..

I'm off to buy some more V Picks..
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3999
    colski said:
    .... And now, a week later, they're spamming my inbox with "PLAY GUITAR FASTER - GUITAR METHODS FOR SPEED PLAYING". Shoddy nonsense.
    That’s shit, I’ve not had any emails.
  • Yeah, I’m not too keen, either. Just a tad too big. And not like a jazz iii enough.I like the aesthetic and packaging, tho.

In other news, as a confirmed red jazz iii-aholic my new favourite squeeze is the Daddario NYLPRO blue.

The green version have graphite in them and play more like the black jazz iii. Blue is a touch more flexible. Almost the same shape as jazz iii, just a bit bigger. Slightly textured surface is less scratchy than the max grip jazz iii  (I didn’t like the max grip ones, I love these).  
    They sound, er, like jazz iii’s?
     Cost is the best bit. 100 for £23 delivered. Should last me 5 years. Or until something new and shiny comes out..
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Yeah, I’m not too keen, either. Just a tad too big. And not like a jazz iii enough.I like the aesthetic and packaging, tho.

In other news, as a confirmed red jazz iii-aholic my new favourite squeeze is the Daddario NYLPRO blue.

The green version have graphite in them and play more like the black jazz iii. Blue is a touch more flexible. Almost the same shape as jazz iii, just a bit bigger. Slightly textured surface is less scratchy than the max grip jazz iii  (I didn’t like the max grip ones, I love these).  
     Cost is the best bit. 100 for £23 delivered. Should last me 5 years. Or until something new and shiny comes out..

Glad I've seen this, after using Jazz III I find anything bigger a bit cumbersome and I was tempted by the Rombos that look like they're the same size as Jazz III.

Have you tried the carbon fiber Jazz III?  That's my favourite
  • shuikit said:
    Yeah, I’m not too keen, either. Just a tad too big. And not like a jazz iii enough.I like the aesthetic and packaging, tho.

Glad I've seen this, after using Jazz III I find anything bigger a bit cumbersome and I was tempted by the Rombos that look like they're the same size as Jazz III.

Aw, man. Don’t say things like that. Now I’m going to HAVE to buy some to try them out!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    shuikit said:

Aw, man. Don’t say things like that. Now I’m going to HAVE to buy some to try them out!

I did use Jazz IIIs for a while, but they are just a little bit too small for me.  @shuikit I might still have a carbon one somewhere that I can bung in the post for you.
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    @crunchman Very kind of you, perhaps @guitarmangler would benefit more from it to try. Since they're the only picks I use I tend to always have a bunch in.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    shuikit said:
    @crunchman Very kind of you, perhaps @guitarmangler would benefit more from it to try. Since they're the only picks I use I tend to always have a bunch in.

SHould have read it properly!