SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD! Gibson Hummingbird, 1967, natural finish, with hard case. £3,700 ono. Now with photos!

gibbo666gibbo666 Frets: 24
edited March 2020 in Acoustics £

I introduced a discussion on this guitar on TFB soon after I bought it (18 months ago?), asking the members about customs charges.  Basically, I had got what I thought was a bargain, and paid just under £3,000 to a lovely bloke in the US, but then (as I was not expecting) had to pay £750 in customs charges.  The members were very helpful, but, basically, I should have known better.  I do now.

So, now I need to raise some cash, and it’s up for sale.  I have it on Reverb for £3,700, but I’m happy to let it go for less than that (within reason) on TFB.

You can see pictures on Reverb (https://reverb.com/uk/item/17746788-gibson-hummingbird-1967-natural-finish-with-hard-case), though I am, for the first time, going to try to put them on Imgur, so that they can actually appear on this page (having said that, I’m useless at anything technical, so I wouldn’t hold your breath).

My Reverb blurb goes:

“A wonderful, 52-year old guitar.  As far as I can ascertain, everything on the guitar is original, apart from the personalized truss rod cover that a previous owner added to it.  I think it just adds to the mojo.

This beauty has some general checking, and has clearly been well-played, but it has no structural issues, and as far as I’ve been able to establish it has never been repaired.

It feels and plays like a dream.  I imported it recently from a lovely guy in South Carolina, and have had it fully-set up, with a nice low action.  Perfect for lead and finger-picking, but large hammered chords also ring out wonderfully.”

If you’re interested, let me know.  I’ll consider all offers, though I’m obviously reluctant to take too much of a hit.  I may also consider trades, especially if they happen to be rather old Strats, or Martins (I have enough Gibsons, not – of course - that there’s any such thing).

Cheers,

Clive

Oxfordshire

I think I have sorted out Imgur, so here are some photos:

https://imgur.com/a/eW1uCsg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom