Refinished 59 Les Paul on reverb anyone?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    Adey said:
    Ah yes. I re-read the listing and it does sort of say "bitsa"
    Very much. I'm still of the opinion that the headstock shape is too flared to be original, but if Danielsguitars is right about the body it could even be re-necked - in fact, the dark line at the join between the neck and the back of the body looks suspiciously not right.

To be honest I don't care even slightly, and I wouldn't even if the asking price wasn't more than half what my house is worth - it's just an interesting armchair detective story...
    I'm with you it's just interesting to look at and wonder, I didn't even look at the pickup legs, bloody butchers
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2265
    edited March 2020
    ICBM said:
    Adey said:
    Ah yes. I re-read the listing and it does sort of say "bitsa"
    Very much. I'm still of the opinion that the headstock shape is too flared to be original, but if Danielsguitars is right about the body it could even be re-necked - in fact, the dark line at the join between the neck and the back of the body looks suspiciously not right.

To be honest I don't care even slightly, and I wouldn't even if the asking price wasn't more than half what my house is worth - it's just an interesting armchair detective story...
    There are quite a few 59s in various states and of various provenances for sale on Reverb.

It would seem that the number of people who a. have that much money and b. are into guitars and c. would consider spending that much money on a guitar a sensible thing to do is pretty small.

It is quite remarkable, that of the 650 ish '59 Les Paul's ever built, only about 2,000 of them are still in existence....
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom