New electric guitar set up – to be revealed. . .

What's Hot
beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
A brief summary why this is happening

After some general life contemplation, I started to identify what is important to me, what is missing from my life, and what could possibly lift me from this odd sense of emptiness.

Well, it turns out electric guitar is at least one major piece of this complicated puzzle (some may know I took a hiatus to focus on classical, and that there was a brief period when depression hit and I bought back a guitar out of impulse, quickly selling it on etc etc. Not anymore. The bug is back and I feel like a teenager again).

The Guitar

The guitar has been bought. I saw it on Gumtree at what I believe to be a pretty modest price. I picked it up last week and I'm over the moon with it. It's American made and is arguably the best guitar I've played/owned, and I've owned some good ones. I've just had a good jam on it now and put it down with a big grin on my face.

The Amp

I'll be picking this up from a member of this parish very soon. It's a pretty simple amp, but I reckon it'll be a good pedal platform.

The Pedals

Like the amp, this will be a pretty simple set up to begin with. I've got a few ideas and pedals that I'd like to try, one of which is made by a respected member of this forum. Overall, the layout will lean towards blues/jazz/rock type stuff.

When?

Hopefully this will be completed in the next couple of months. Once it's all put together I'll post it photos on here and maybe a quick video of what it sounds like. And after that, I will make every effort to form a band and do what others do. It's been a long time coming, that's for sure.

And that's it for now. The only downside to all of this is I'm now susceptible to GAS!

Feel free to guess away  :) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments