Im A 14 year old guitarist, please check out my youtube page of covers!

What's Hot

Comments

• ben666shanben666shan Frets: 10
    edited March 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    Welcome Ben...... :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7314
    edited March 2020
    Tell me what you think, like and comment on my videos and subscribe to my channel!!
    Young man, the bulk of us here are old geezers and as such we don’t ‘like’, ‘comment’ or ‘subscribe’ to YouTube Videos :-)

In saying that I watched your Crazy Train cover and it was great, really well done and not too showy.

To paraphrase Nigel Tufnell - Randy Rhoads wrote that when he was 25 , I could play that at 14 . I think that says something :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tell me what you think, like and comment on my videos and subscribe to my channel!!
    Young man, the bulk of us here are old geezers and as such we don’t ‘like’, ‘comment’ or ‘subscribe’ to YouTube Videos :-)

In saying that I watched your Crazy Train cover and it was great, really well done and not too showy.

To paraphrase Nigel Tufnell - Randy Rhoads wrote that when he was 25 , I could play that at 14 . I think that says something :-)
    haha yes, just saying check out my videos basically haha!

but thankyou! much appreciated ;)

• tone1 said:
    Welcome Ben...... :)
    thankyou ;)
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3342
    Welcome Ben,
    I listened to a couple of your YT clips and you're a good, competent player.

I'd say, if you're not already in a band or playing with other musicians, get out there and try that.

All the very best and well done
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Oooo you talented little git!!!!!

good work fella, make sure you keep it up. As already said, get in a band quick sharp if your not already in one!...

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kebabkid said:
    Welcome Ben,
    I listened to a couple of your YT clips and you're a good, competent player.

I'd say, if you're not already in a band or playing with other musicians, get out there and try that.

All the very best and well done
    thank you mate; yeh i used to be in a few bands, but not in any anymore, looking to start one tho ;), if you go onto my page, the song 'used illusion- lucky' is one of my own. 

• poopot said:
    Oooo you talented little git!!!!!

good work fella, make sure you keep it up. As already said, get in a band quick sharp if your not already in one!...

Thanks mate! I used to be in one but not atm, looking to start one though. 

Check out the song 'Used Illusion- lucky' on my youtube page, that's one of my own ;)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14725
    ben666shan said:
    Tell me what you think
    I think that fishing for compliments reflects badly on the person doing the fishing. 

DrCornelius said:
    Young man, the bulk of us here are old geezers and, as such, we don’t ‘like’, ‘comment’ or ‘subscribe’ to YouTube Videos :-)
    There is/was a notorious character on the Seymour Duncan User Group forum who seemed to believe that accumulating sufficient YT likes would ensure him worldwide fame, a heap of money and endless willing young ladies. Five years later, he is not even famous outside his sheltered accommodation.

Kebabkid said:
    if you're not already in a band or playing with other musicians, get out there and try that.
    Judging by one of the YT videos, Ben is in a band. Unfortunately, I find my opinion of the Crosstown Traffic cover is best summarised by the face pulled by the girl in the room when the camera pans onto her. To my ears, things are not quite locked in timing-wise. (Blame the drummer!)

I doubt that I was any better at that age. Even at my present age, I can always think of aspects of my playing that I could improve. 

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ben666shan said:
    Tell me what you think
    I think that fishing for compliments reflects badly on the person doing the fishing. 

DrCornelius said:
    Young man, the bulk of us here are old geezers and, as such, we don’t ‘like’, ‘comment’ or ‘subscribe’ to YouTube Videos :-)
    There is/was a notorious character on the Seymour Duncan User Group forum who seemed to believe that accumulating sufficient YT likes would ensure him worldwide fame, a heap of money and endless willing young ladies. Five years later, he is not even famous outside his sheltered accommodation.

Kebabkid said:
    if you're not already in a band or playing with other musicians, get out there and try that.
    Judging by one of the YT videos, Ben is in a band. Unfortunately, I find my opinion of the Crosstown Traffic cover is best summarised by the face pulled by the girl in the room when the camera pans onto her. To my ears, things are not quite locked in timing-wise. (Blame the drummer!)

I doubt that I was any better at that age. Even at my present age, I can always think of aspects of my playing that I could improve. 

what was the point of this message?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5434
    @DrCornelius I think you'll find that was Vim Feugo commenting on Mr Page and Stairway to Heaven ...
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    That Crazy Train cover is fecking solid. Good job :+1:
  • CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
    ben666shan said:
    Tell me what you think

DrCornelius said:

Kebabkid said:

Let's give the guy a break eh? He's 14 ffs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3401
    ben666shan said:
    Tell me what you think

DrCornelius said:

Kebabkid said:

I reckon you could work on your manners, even at your present age. So bloody rude.

This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27041
    @Funkfingers - that's harsh, man. Lighten up. YouTube is an excellent way to get feedback on your playing, and it's used to good effect by younger players. And, for some folk, it can eventually provide a pretty decent income. There's no need to shit on him for taking that opportunity, is there?

@ben666shan - welcome to the forum! It's mostly pretty decent on here, especially with new arrivals who still have the enthusiasm that many of us lost decades ago. Keep at it :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • fendergibsonfendergibson Frets: 563
    edited March 2020
    Hi Ben, really enjoyed that. You can play. You can play without having to look at the fretboard also. You will go far mate. 

Please ignore ............ funkfingers. Probably the shittiest post I’ve ever read on here. What a .........  B

[Moderator note: personal abuse deleted]
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Tenebrous said:
    That Crazy Train cover is fecking solid. Good job :+1:
    Thankyou brother!

• @Funkfingers - that's harsh, man. Lighten up. YouTube is an excellent way to get feedback on your playing, and it's used to good effect by younger players. And, for some folk, it can eventually provide a pretty decent income. There's no need to shit on him for taking that opportunity, is there?

@ben666shan - welcome to the forum! It's mostly pretty decent on here, especially with new arrivals who still have the enthusiasm that many of us lost decades ago. Keep at it :)
    Exactly man, that's all i am trying to do, get out there you know?

Anyway, thanks man! 
  • ben666shanben666shan Frets: 10
    edited March 2020

Hi Ben, really enjoyed that. You can play. You can play without having to look at the fretboard also. You will go far mate. 

Please ignore ............ funkfingers. Probably the shittiest post I’ve ever read on here. What a .........  B

[Moderator note: personal abuse deleted]

Thankyou fella,

I agree, there was no need