Im A 14 year old guitarist, please check out my youtube page of covers!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    CeeJay said:
    ben666shan said:
    Tell me what you think
    I think that fishing for compliments reflects badly on the person doing the fishing. 

DrCornelius said:
    Young man, the bulk of us here are old geezers and, as such, we don’t ‘like’, ‘comment’ or ‘subscribe’ to YouTube Videos :-)
    There is/was a notorious character on the Seymour Duncan User Group forum who seemed to believe that accumulating sufficient YT likes would ensure him worldwide fame, a heap of money and endless willing young ladies. Five years later, he is not even famous outside his sheltered accommodation.

Kebabkid said:
    if you're not already in a band or playing with other musicians, get out there and try that.
    Judging by one of the YT videos, Ben is in a band. Unfortunately, I find my opinion of the Crosstown Traffic cover is best summarised by the face pulled by the girl in the room when the camera pans onto her. To my ears, things are not quite locked in timing-wise. (Blame the drummer!)

I doubt that I was any better at that age. Even at my present age, I can always think of aspects of my playing that I could improve. 

Let's give the guy a break eh? He's 14 ffs.

Reminds me of this classic.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• CeeJay said:
    ben666shan said:
    Tell me what you think
    I think that fishing for compliments reflects badly on the person doing the fishing. 

DrCornelius said:
    Young man, the bulk of us here are old geezers and, as such, we don’t ‘like’, ‘comment’ or ‘subscribe’ to YouTube Videos :-)
    There is/was a notorious character on the Seymour Duncan User Group forum who seemed to believe that accumulating sufficient YT likes would ensure him worldwide fame, a heap of money and endless willing young ladies. Five years later, he is not even famous outside his sheltered accommodation.

Kebabkid said:
    if you're not already in a band or playing with other musicians, get out there and try that.
    Judging by one of the YT videos, Ben is in a band. Unfortunately, I find my opinion of the Crosstown Traffic cover is best summarised by the face pulled by the girl in the room when the camera pans onto her. To my ears, things are not quite locked in timing-wise. (Blame the drummer!)

I doubt that I was any better at that age. Even at my present age, I can always think of aspects of my playing that I could improve. 

Thankyou. :)

• PC_Dave said:
    ben666shan said:
    Tell me what you think

DrCornelius said:

Kebabkid said:

I reckon you could work on your manners, even at your present age. So bloody rude.

I agree, thanks mate.

• CeeJay said:
    ben666shan said:
    Tell me what you think

DrCornelius said:

Kebabkid said:

Thankyou. :)

• PC_Dave said:
    ben666shan said:
    Tell me what you think

DrCornelius said:

Kebabkid said:

I reckon you could work on your manners, even at your present age. So bloody rude.

I agree, thanks mate.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    ben666shan said:
    Tell me what you think

DrCornelius said:

Kebabkid said:

Your comments are sometimes a bit weird. He's really good and has had the confidence to post something up, don't be an arse about it :) 

Ben - well played - it sounded great and I wish I had been that good at 14. Keep on doing what you're doing and ignore stupid comments like the one above!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4213
    Rockin dude ,keep at it \m/   \m/
  • ben666shan said:
    Tell me what you think

DrCornelius said:

Kebabkid said:

Your comments are sometimes a bit weird. He's really good and has had the confidence to post something up, don't be an arse about it :) 

Ben - well played - it sounded great and I wish I had been that good at 14. Keep on doing what you're doing and ignore stupid comments like the one above!!

thankyiu mate! Appreciate it

• Rockin dude ,keep at it \m/   \m/
    Thank you friiend!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    ben666shan said:
    Tell me what you think

DrCornelius said:

Kebabkid said:

Ignore the grumpy old man.

You have talent. Go find a drummer, bass player and a singer and form a band - I was in a school band back in the 1970s. Didn't have your chops but had fun, progressed as a guitar player and the girls ... ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2092
    Guys can I just say I met Ben and his dad at the guitar show when I was briefly manning the Fretboard stand, they enquired what it was all about and have clearly ended up contributing. Ben lives near to me so we are hoping  hook up sometime and with some luck he may attend one of the jam days sometime.

@ben666shan Thanks for joining us....dare I say contributions form the younger Gen are a good thing in my opinion,....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6926
    spark240 said:
    Guys can I just say I met Ben and his dad at the guitar show when I was briefly manning the Fretboard stand, they enquired what it was all about and have clearly ended up contributing. Ben lives near to me so we are hoping  hook up sometime and with some luck he may attend one of the jam days sometime.

@ben666shan Thanks for joining us....dare I say contributions form the younger Gen are a good thing in my opinion,....
    Thats brilliant - Perhaps he can come to the Bristol one? That should impress the grumpy old man ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14583
    Sorry, Mark. I won't be there. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    spark240 said:

Cool. Totally agree @spark240 - getting younger people enthused and learning is what it's all about. Be good to have you along sometime Ben!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @ben666shan ;  good effort young man...  interesting that you play open chords D and E instead of barre chords.. which sound truer to my ears..

I particularly like the position choices at the end of each verse though.. A, E, D to A..  I would be interested in seeing TAB for that..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?