Spare screw-in trem arm?

What's Hot
VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
Wondered if any of you lot might know where to source one or if it's possible....student has a short-scale Tanglewood electric, 2nd hand so missing the trem arm. It's just a screw-in one - are these fairly generic? I've found stuff online but no idea whether it'll fit or not. I'm assuming most sizes/threads are the same? Never got into upgrading/modding so literally no idea apart from sourcing the odd easy-to-find spare part for branded hardware. Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9633
    One with a metric thread would be a safe bet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Easy way to check is with bolt of known thread e.g. an M5 one for something like this is a good bet, don't force it though, should spin in by hand. Assuming the tips not busted off and stuck inside or the thread borked.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    you might find this useful re trem arm diameters , bridge blocks  and strats   - https://www.stratcat.biz/about-tremolo-arms.shtml
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    I misplaced the tremolo arm for my Squier Strat (it is in a box somewhere), and wasn't sure what the correct size was,

To avoid wasting time, I bought a 5mm, and a 6mm screw thread size, brand new, from an eBay seller. They were cheap enough, so not much money spent in getting both (IIRC under £5 in total for both).

The 5mm size fitted perfectly, but it may not necessarily be the correct size for other Squier Strats manufactured in different years, or for the Tanglewood Nevada Strat. 

The other thing to consider is the colour of the plastic tip to match the student's guitar - black, or white. It looks like white would be appropriate for the Tanglewood Nevada.

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Thanks all, that's useful stuff and good advice - I'll try it with a 5mm bolt as suggested (assume I can just wander into Homebase and get one cheap!) and see if that works first :)