Aerodyne Strat thoughts

What's Hot
DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5471
Love the look of the black Aerodyne Strats. Not sure how I'd get on with the 7.25" fretboard though.
Anyone tried one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2594
    Don't some of them have Gibson scale length?  That's what caught my attention at one time, might have been tempted if one had come up but I'm fixed for a shorty Strat now.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18773
    I liked the look of the Aerodyne's.
    Classy, tuxedo style, like a Gibson LP Custom.
    Weird perhaps, but I preferred the Japanese take on Fender developments to the 'official' USA path.
    OK... just me then :-D
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I’m not sure of the Strats but I’ve wanted an Aerodyne Tele for years now, they are fantastic looking guitars.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • I wouldn't argue the point, but I'm not sure Tom Morello's is an Aerodyne, there were some US made strats with a mirrored scratchplates & binding. some kind of FSR? Have seen one advertised in Japan.

Yes, you can get medium scale ones too.

As far as I can tell there are quite a range of them, you can also get trans coloured ones with maple tops.
    Some are alder- the ones with the trans finish, probably all are & some are basswood. Also some with a bridge humbucker & some with fancier single coil pickups.

Mine's a lower end basswood one in old CAR, which is a sort of burgundy colour, I think it suits it very well, there are equally nice dark blue & gun metal coloured ones. Mine is very light weight & the standard pickups sound surprisingly good, esp the neck. Might change the bridge pickup sometime.
    The neck is pretty slim & matt finished, I think they're very classy & certainly used to be good value if you searched the sites in Japan, they seem to have been a very popular model there. I'd bet the guy at Gas Station guitars has a few, I'm sure I've seen them with the Jazz Basses.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5471
    See, there's a black one (relatively) near me for sale. One of the basswood ones with the scratchplate.
    Looks great but just not sure about that neck/fretboard size.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    When I was thinking of getting one, the radius on it was 10" not 7.25". What put me off at the time was the 40mm nut. This was a medium scale one, btw.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5471
    This one is a 2016 model, 25.5" scale length.