Getting the midi for the metronome in reaper

So I know I can get an audio click using insert click source but is there any way to get it rendered as midi?

I guess I could retrigger it but it seems like a faff
ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You have to arse around with retriggering it, AFAIK.

Bye!

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Just insert a bar of midi item and click in 4 quarter notes. Then glue the bar and drag it as long as you want it to last.

Could even save it as a track template that you could just insert.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7295
    thegummy said:
    Just insert a bar of midi item and click in 4 quarter notes. Then glue the bar and drag it as long as you want it to last.

What is this 4 quarter notes you speak of? What is this "the same number of beats in every bar" you speak of?   :(

retriggering seemed a faff so im jsut programming them. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    thegummy said:

What is this 4 quarter notes you speak of? What is this "the same number of beats in every bar" you speak of?   :(

retriggering seemed a faff so im jsut programming them. 
    Whatever kind of metronome you want - there's even more flexibility in a midi track than there would be in Reaper's metronome.

I just mean that it's just as easy to insert a track template of a midi track that you've clicked in in a matter of seconds when setting it up as it would be if Reaper had an "insert click source as midi" option.
    Well for audio the click source that is generated already follows all the time-sig changes, and in some of our songs that every other bar so its a bit of a pain having to do it manually when it seems like it would be an easy feature for them to implement.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I use Addictive Trigger which can recognise the different pitches of the Reaper metronome, and trigger different drums based on it. No fucking around with thresholds required either. It just works.

Bye!

I do have drumagog which can prob do this but its a bit heavy for some of my projects which have like 8 billion copies of helix native running and struggle already :) 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Well for audio the click source that is generated already follows all the time-sig changes, and in some of our songs that every other bar so its a bit of a pain having to do it manually when it seems like it would be an easy feature for them to implement.
    Ah right I get you. Had no idea anyone did that.

What about some kind of script using the audio click generator then a transient to midi function?