SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender CS Nocaster Thinline relic / Gibson CS SG VOS

danny_777danny_777 Frets: 660
edited June 2020 in Guitars £

First up, a guitar I never thought I’d sell.

To give you a bit of background, I went through a (very obsessive!) Telecaster phase a few years back, and bought 8-10 of the best examples I could find, including 3x CS Nocasters, a ‘70s Fender, a couple of customs, a Suhr T, etc. I sold them off one by one until I was left with this – the best of the lot. Tastes change I guess, and I’ve now got a cheaper example for when I want to play a Tele.

It’s a brilliant model to play – SUPER light as it’s a Thinline, but with classic ‘50s aesthetics. The relic job is, as usual, brilliant, and the sounds is supreme. The neck is a “U”, but not an unmanageable one – it’s certainly smaller than the other Nocasters I’ve had, and I used to consider this a ‘medium’ when I was in my big-neck-Tele days.

Condition is great, with very little additional wear beyond the Relic job! Freta are in great condition and have a lot of life left.

I emailed Fender for the specs, and here’s what I got back:

“Thinline 50s Telecaster Relic in Vintage Blonde from February of 2009. Full specs below. I hope this helps!

Model Name: Custom Telecaster® Thinline Relic®

Model Number: 152-0502-(Color #)

Series: Limited Collection

Body: Semi-Hollow Premium Ash Body

Neck: 1-Piece Maple, “U” Shape,

(Light Tint Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)

Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)

No. of Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo Frets

Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)

Width @ Nut: 1.650” (42 mm)

Hardware: Chrome

Machine Heads: Fender®/Gotoh® Vintage Style Tuning Machines

Bridge: Vintage Style Strat Strings-Through-Body Hardtail Bridge

Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment on (806), 1-Ply Black on (807)

Pickups: 1 Custom Shop “Twisted” Tele® Single-Coil (Neck),

1 Custom Shop Broadcaster Single-Coil (Bridge)

Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade:

Position 1. Bridge Pickup

Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups

Position 3. Neck Pickup

Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone

Colors: (806) Black,

(807) Vintage Blonde,

(Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)

Strings: Fender Super 3250R, Nickel Plated Steel, (.010 to .046), P/N 073-3250-006

Other Features: “F” Hole,

Black Dot Position Inlays,

Source: U.S. Fender Custom Shop

Accessories: Deluxe Black Hardshell Case (Black Crushed Velvet Interior), Strap, Straplocks, Cable, Polishing Cloth

U.S. MSRP: $4,380.00

INTRODUCED: 1/2006

DISCONTINUED: 12/2008

DISCONTINUED COLORS:

COMMENTS: Uses Case P/N 0068102000

Can be posted, or collected from London.

£2400 (no trades please)

Second up is my 2006 Gibson Custom Shop SG '61 Std. VOS.

This is a great example of what the Gibson Custom Shop does best. Plays like a dream, great balance, brilliant tone, and buckets of sustain. I was always a LP guy previously when it came to Gibson but this one's got me thinking - much more bearable than a Les Paul for playing while standing and loads more fun to jump around with!

This one has had the pickups replaces with Lace WINO Lifers - Scott Weinrich's signature set. These are usually described as 'metal' pickups but they're really not at all. They're brilliantly articulate (this was the point of their design), and sound amazing when hitting a massive chord on this. AC/DC moments are just brilliant.

The only significant marks on this are a dent on the treble side of the neck, a slightly discoloured spot on the back of the eck, and a slight ding to one of the horns. All included in the pics below.

VOS SGs are currently £3,400 from Peach, PMT, etc. This comes with the certificate and Gibson CS hardcase, and a brand new set of 10s and a setup - it plays perfectly at the moment and sounds wonderful through my Friedman.

£1900 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments