Beware - Essex Recording Studios overpriced content

What's Hot
Blimey, only just sold this morning and he's already stuck it up for several times what he bought it for. 

https://reverb.com/item/32833815-1969-gibson-les-paul-custom-famous-artist-owned-by-bush-played-on-stage-at-woodstock-black-beauty

It sold this morning at G&H for £6,800 (Hammer price)

6reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14605
    It’s just a game for a man who has deep pockets and is bored. The reputation of ERS - and affiliated businesses -precedes him. Avoid. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2417
    Doesn't Nigel Pulsford own Vintage N Rare in Bath? Odd.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24687
    He's well known.

He's the guy that bought all of the Megadeth / Dave Mustaine guitar collection.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4677

"YOUR PURCHASE HELPS MUSICIANS! Buying from us directly helps support unsigned musicians and bands that struggle to produce professional music without the development & funding no longer provided to rock acts by major labels these days. Thank you for your support!" 

Does it aye ? you sure about that? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2545
    Make him an offer of £6,800 for it  :# 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7264
    The guy is a total helmet but that’s a lovely guitar. Not £25k lovely mind.
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Make him an offer of £6,800 for it  :# 

£6,801, do the Arsenal on him.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone got a link to the sold prices? 
    I find it fun to find out the extortionate prices people seem to have paid, when you add in vat. 
  • WeZ84WeZ84 Frets: 168
    £100 shipping! If I was paying £25k he could at least ship it for free!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26842
    He's well known.

He's the guy that bought all of the Megadeth / Dave Mustaine guitar collection.
    Not to mention trying to get us shut down by tagging the FBI and claiming that tFB had orchestrated a Denial of Service attack against him, then screaming abuse at me down the phone when I called him on it.
    <space for hire>
    9reaction image LOL 22reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • this guy has come up in many threads and i see theres not much love for him. but in this case what exactly has he done wrong. I presume he got it for that price as no one bid any higher in the auction, and he has (cheekily) put it up for a huge profit, with offers invited. He's invested his money and taken the risk he can make a large profit, maybe distasteful but not illegal and in the scheme of many business deals not that uncommon. Not trying to be contentious but apart from being a possibly shrewd dealer ( i understand he's pissed people off by making low ball offers) but whats the problem with him?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ten77guitarten77guitar Frets: 1173
    this guy has come up in many threads and i see theres not much love for him. but in this case what exactly has he done wrong. I presume he got it for that price as no one bid any higher in the auction, and he has (cheekily) put it up for a huge profit, with offers invited. He's invested his money and taken the risk he can make a large profit, maybe distasteful but not illegal and in the scheme of many business deals not that uncommon. Not trying to be contentious but apart from being a possibly shrewd dealer ( i understand he's pissed people off by making low ball offers) but whats the problem with him?
    Who has said he’s done anything wrong?
    He’s free to ask any price he wants and people on here are free to mercilessly take the piss out of him. Where’s the problem?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 21reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    He’s free to ask any price he wants and people on here are free to mercilessly take the piss out of him. Where’s the problem?
    Well we were all going to have a whip round and buy it for You as a surprise but now we can't afford it..
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11484
    this guy has come up in many threads and i see theres not much love for him. but in this case what exactly has he done wrong. I presume he got it for that price as no one bid any higher in the auction, and he has (cheekily) put it up for a huge profit, with offers invited. He's invested his money and taken the risk he can make a large profit, maybe distasteful but not illegal and in the scheme of many business deals not that uncommon. Not trying to be contentious but apart from being a possibly shrewd dealer ( i understand he's pissed people off by making low ball offers) but whats the problem with him?
    Mainly that he's priced it at about twice what it's worth.

Let me rephrase that.  He's priced it at about twice the market value.  None of these late 60s guitars are actually worth the prices people are asking.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    JAYJO said:
    Well we were all going to have a whip round and buy it for You as a surprise but now we can't afford it..
    Bush? Wouldn’t be seen dead with it!  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4221
    edited March 2020
    Owned by bush !! I only know of them from Chris Evans TFI show singing it’s your letters which is apparently a laugh at one of their songs.  For £25k I want one owned by Slash, Richie sambora , Izzy stradlin or gilby Clarke 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1355
    The mans a cunt - not because he’s trying to make a profit; that’s capitalism. Because he’s a fucking liar...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 19reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 915
    Owned by bush !! I only know of them from Chris Evans TFI show singing it’s your letters which is apparently a laugh at one of their songs.  For £25k I want one owned by Slash, Richie sambora , Izzy stradlin or gilby Clarke 
    That was Reef not Bush.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Somebody in the States is his target.
This discussion has been closed.