SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Poor Blackie-no neck. price reduction

What's Hot
andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
edited September 2020 in Parts £

Or rather, Poor man’s Blackie, neck required.

Relic haters beware-----

I had a lot of fun doing this, but it wasn’t easy, the THICK poly finish was a struggle to get through,

But I am happy I got the right results.

So, what we have here is a Mexican  Fender Strat body.

I picked up most of this guitar on here last year, but decided to go all out with a replica finish.

It isn’t 100% accurate, but it has a pretty close vibe, and for a fraction of the cost of anything else similar.

The body was finished in the usual, almost dipped, thick red poly- over a white base coat, so I was never going to get a real close finish to the original, but I did my best, and any red showing does help give it a ‘wounded’ look.

I originally had this paired with a nice Fender ‘Lite ash’ neck, but couldn’t sell complete-due to forum rules, so neck was sold separately.

Pickups are full Fender Clapton spec noiseless, with both tone and boost options.

Usually the 9V battery is under the pickguard, but this came to me with it routed into the trem cavity, which is why I have made a small plate to cover.

Fender stamped bridge saddles, I can’t confirm the full trem unit, but set up to not move with 5 springs.

A purist would probably strip it completely, and use a thinner finish, but I am happy with the look.

I am asking (£260, plus P+P)-£250 posted for this, and I am not really willing to come down, rather than haggle, that is my price, I’d rather keep it than sell for any less, hours of work, and cleaning to pay for. blah blah blah.

It is by no means ‘Authentic’, but it does have the vibe, and is a good base for this set of pickups, which are very versatile.

I will let the pics tell the rest, it is what it is.

Cheers guys.

7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments