Noodling guitars

What's Hot
maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3136
edited March 2020 in Guitar
I assume we all have guitars we keep at arms reach from  the sofa to noodle on when inspiration hits. So what is the best guitar for this?  Mine is a Berlin Pro because it suits all styles from jazz to rock even when not plugged in!!
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Nope. I'm married.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3662
    axisus said:
    Nope. I'm married.

Ditto.  But I have converted the garage, which is integral to the house, into a studio so I can shut myself away in there with all of my guitars (including a Berlin Pro).  If she's out I may bring one of my guitars into the living room but, upon her return, I revceive such a look that I feel as though she would be less dissaproving had I had another woman in there.

8reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Chance would be a fine thing, my son would walk around with it using it as a stick you hit a piñata with..
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    For the moment it’s my shiny, sparkly new Gretsch 5422 - on top of the honeymoon factor the extra volume from the fully hollow body makes for a pleasing noodling experience.
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3991
    I rotate which one gets to be in the lounge, it's currently the Axis.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    axisus said:
    Nope. I'm married.

Ditto
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    Musicwolf said:
    axisus said:
    Nope. I'm married.

Ditto.  But I have converted the garage, which is integral to the house, into a studio so I can shut myself away in there with all of my guitars (including a Berlin Pro).  If she's out I may bring one of my guitars into the living room but, upon her return, I revceive such a look that I feel as though she would be less dissaproving had I had another woman in there.

Ironing board in the studio too?  :#
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3337
    We have an extra living room upstairs (dorma bungalow) we use as a family room for films etc, it’s also my TV room for late night UFC watching. 
    I sit on the sofa and used to use my musicman Sub 1 guitar as the body and neck are nice and small and makes it very comfy. 
    Now I have the Rivolta Combinata I use that instead as it’s chambered it’s louder and clearer acoustically, although the body size makes it less comfortable lounging on the sofa so it’s a compromise. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30300
    An acoustic guitar.
    I can't stand the plinkety plink, buzz and rattle of an unplugged electric.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3662
    wesker123 said:
    Musicwolf said:
    axisus said:
    Nope. I'm married.

Ironing board in the studio too?  :#

Not yet but, since access is via the utility room, she does like to shove the wash basket in there.  Also used by her as a dumping ground for any of my stuff left around the house to which she takes offence.

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18852
    Musicwolf said:
    axisus said:
    Nope. I'm married.

Where's Mr.Wolf? 
    Oh, he's in the garage with a Pro...   B)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Musicwolf said:
      Also used by her as a dumping ground for any of my stuff left around the house to which she takes offence.

There's a picture I recognise ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    My junior general lays round the house where I last noodled on it. It’s my only relic guitar so it doesn’t matter if the kids play it, throw toys at it or use it as weapon to fight each other. All my others get put away in their case after use. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    edited March 2020
    I keep a Strat by the TV, but my house is small and another 2 hang on the wall over the stairs so never too far away.

It's probably my most valuable guitar but also the one i'd be least worried about if my daughter used it as an axe!
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10429

mmm quick walk around the bungalow, I have a partscaster in the front room, a nylon acoustic in the dining room, a telecaster in the study and an old Ibanez Roadstar II next to the bed. 

Upstairs in the kids rooms there are guitars and basses in all 3 rooms so the only rooms in the house with no guitars are the bathrooms :)

I generally play electrics unplugged or use my phone and Jam up 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • FezFez Frets: 528
    All mine are in the "music room" aka spare bedroom. Currently invaded by several boxes of mrs Fez knitting stuff. When my mother passed away mrs Fez took up the mantle of head of the society for putting things on top of other things. Usually her things on top of mine.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1369
    I live on my own, so my bedroom resembles a chaotic upmarket music shop, to which I made an addition yesterday courtesy of a recent Thread on here. I plug into my favourite home valve amp whenever I practice, as I also have the advantage of a home with thick sold stone walls.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    I don't keep a guitar down stairs, although I do have a little Vox G3 hidden under a coffee table I don't play unplugged. Most of my guitars are in the spare room upstairs ready to play with my valve amp. I also keep an acoustic in our bedroom always ready for a quick play at the drop of a head - it gets played pretty much every day. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12400
    My guild westerly is in the lounge on the wall. Two electrics in my bedroom and an acoustic in my daughters room. 

The THR5 is out all the time in the living for quiet electric any time. 
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    I have a Duncan Fearnley cricket bat by my front door and whenever "the guys" visit they would pick it up and play a few imaginary cover drives and pose for forward defensive shots in the hallway. Now you wouldn't have any of them playing for England with their airy fairy batting!!! LOL

I wouldn't have them picking up my valued guitars.

Early on, I was told that a guitar that is locked away in a case doesn't get played often, so I have a Squier Strat in the living room, which is used even when watching TV. Strats are versatile instruments for most styles of music. I don't mind if visitors pick it up, which they invariably do, and each time I hold my breath that the guitar remains perfect. I like my things to still look like new even after years of use. Thus far, surprisingly, it is in pristine condition, with no scratches, dents, or dings.