Rhett Shull - Finding The Perfect BUDGET Electric Guitar | Are Cheap Guitars Good?

What's Hot

Comments

• Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1653
    5 reasons you NEED to watch my SHOCKING video. Why you MUST stop making these 5 COMMON MISTAKES ALL GUITARISTS MAKE. Learn this SIMPLE TRICK to SHRED in just 30 days GUARANTEED. Why you SHOULD choose a HELIX over KEMPER. I compared a Squier with a Fender and was AMAZED at the result.

The guys vidoes are alright but I refuse to watch any more crap with pathetic clickbait titles that all end up stating the obvious in the end anyway.

Q. Are cheap guitars good? A. Some are, some aren't. Don't mention it.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 30reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
    I do like Rhetts YT content  now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like Rhett too....and his Novo Serus J....I find myself wanting one. The power of marketing (even though he said he paid full retail in a video)  ;)
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    The guy from Weird Science?
    No I didn't click it. 
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Dan_Halen said:
    5 reasons you NEED to watch my SHOCKING video. Why you MUST stop making these 5 COMMON MISTAKES ALL GUITARISTS MAKE. Learn this SIMPLE TRICK to SHRED in just 30 days GUARANTEED. Why you SHOULD choose a HELIX over KEMPER. I compared a Squier with a Fender and was AMAZED at the result.

The guys vidoes are alright but I refuse to watch any more crap with pathetic clickbait titles that all end up stating the obvious in the end anyway.

Well said.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1795
    I started watching, lockdown gets you that way but I find him so obvious and has no real presentation skills so will avoid unless I run out of worthwhile stuff to watch. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    It would be if more interest to do a budget guitar from the year of his birth versus now. But all the budget guitars I’ve tried recently have knocked me out. It’s the £3000 plus sector where I’m seeing the finish flaws. 
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2205
    Is he the coffee shop chap?
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Some cheap guitars can be very good but there's no satisfaction in owning something cheap.
    If you've got plenty of money you want everyone to know about it.
    I would always advise people to spend the maximum even if that means getting into crushing debt.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I too like his channel but I STRUGGLE with the titles
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18860
    Sassafras said:
    Some cheap guitars can be very good but there's no satisfaction in owning something cheap.
    If you've got plenty of money you want everyone to know about it.
    I would always advise people to spend the maximum even if that means getting into crushing debt.
    I find buying cheap guitars at hugely inflated prices, shows how much money doesn't matter to me  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    jeztone2 said:
    It would be if more interest to do a budget guitar from the year of his birth versus now. But all the budget guitars I’ve tried recently have knocked me out. It’s the £3000 plus sector where I’m seeing the finish flaws. 

I wonder how much of that is down to increased human involvement, & how much of it is down to you looking a hell of a lot more closely at a £3k instrument.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited March 2020
    Tenebrous said:
    jeztone2 said:

I wonder how much of that is down to increased human involvement, & how much of it is down to you looking a hell of a lot more closely at a £3k instrument.
    Oh no. I was in GuitarGuitar ages ago and one of the Vivian Campbell Les Pauls had tooling marks on the fretboard that were clearly visible. I was really shocked. Disappointed even. 

I’ve actually been scrutinising cheaper guitars recently as I’ve decided to get a more affordable instrument as a back up. As dragging around a Kotzen Tele as backup seems a tad daft. So far the used ESP EC’s/new EVH Wolfgangs and used Chris Shiflett Teles have all caught my eye. I’ve been knocked out by what I’ve seen so far.
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    edited March 2020
    I’m afraid that YT channels oft seem to go the same way

1) Find at random on a search
    2) Interesting content, so click on more from the same folks
    3) Start actively watching interesting content from them
    4) Get the arse as soon as product placement starts to drive the content

There was one NAAM YT featuring Rhett, Mary Spender and Phil X all recording each other recording each other, whilst Mark Agnessi hovered  AAAGGGHHH!!!

..it just needed ‘Chappers’ flailing himself with a birch branch in the background to complete the set
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    It’s true that the affordable Gretsches tend to be fantastically built etc but my word are the necks thin.  Too thin.
  • Tenebrous said:
    Dan_Halen said:

Well said.
    His video titles weren't always like that but it does seem like he's moved towards that style of attention grabbing headlines in the last 6 months. Probably what's necessary in a heavily crowded market. I think Tim Pierce has gone that route as well, which is a shame because his playing and rep should be able to speak for itself.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    joeyowen said:
    I too like his channel but I STRUGGLE with the titles
    It's depressing how much of YT is full of dumbass clickbait thumbnails and titles, all copying each other: Fake stunned face, fake laughing face. Even the people who were reasonably normal are now doing it. I just avoid.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6725
    Rhett Shill is the worst of them for me. Said it before but surprised he doesn't wear a race suit so he can sell sponsorship patches on it. 

He is a walking advert who offers little else. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    After you get a certain number of subscribers you get "monetised". I'm sure there's plenty out there making a few pound uploading any old content on occasion.
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3592
    At this point, I stick with Beato. Occasionally TPS. None of them are immune to SENSATIONALIST TITLES, though. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom