Making highlander pickup battery power box?

musicalstashmusicalstash Frets: 53
edited March 2020 in Making & Modding

After searching for the last year for a highlander power battery box for my national Resonator with no joy I came across this 

a box containing a stereo 1/4” socket (TRS), a mono 1/4” socket and a PP9 battery connector. The sockets are connected tip-tip, sleeve-sleeve, the battery connector live-ring, eth-sleeve on stereo socket. " 

https://imgur.com/a/1QcggQb

Not great with a soldering iron but before ordering the parts does anyone know if this is all they comprise of?  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72629
    Yes. All you're doing is feeding power back up the wire that would normally connect the battery negative to ground in the jack. You do also need to bridge the battery connector inside the guitar, the usual way of doing that is to get a second battery clip - the inner part of a damaged one from a pedal where a wire has been pulled off is ideal - connect the studs together with a wire, and clip that to the one in the guitar.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Thanks ... it's this pickup system which is fitted but missing the external box 

https://www.emma-music.com/-rio-grande,us,4,HIG-H-IP-IN.cfm

Given up trying to source a box  , will get the parts ordered and let you know how I get on . 

Thanks
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72629
    Yes, that’s the same idea but designed to do it from the outset. Just make sure you check what polarity the supply is supposed to be - for converting an existing onboard-battery system the battery positive goes to the jack ring, so I would assume the same here, but it’s worth making certain.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein