Using both external mic and monitors at the same time.

Basic setup, PC, which I use Skype to do my guitar lessons with. If I hook up my Mackie CR4's for audio and use my iRig studio USB mic I can't hear any sound from the monitors. I also use a Logitech webcam which has a mic built-in which is ok, and usable but the external mic is better.

What do I need to do in order to enable me to use both devices at the same time? Do I need an interface or a different cable etc etc.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6896
    Have you looked at the speaker and mic settings in the audio settings and set each to the required settings for each device? If they can be separate device try using asio4all as that can split the devices if need d.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I had a look earlier and you can set each to the default source, but not at the same time. But I had a look at the sond settings and its got an option to enable stereo mix on input devices?
  • Ok I figured it out, I had to go to audio and video in the settings of Skype and change the different inputs/outputs to the devices. Both mic and webcam working plus sound coming out monitors.

However audio playback from say, Spotify is very quiet and the student struggles to hear it so in the meantime I'm having to improv and use a separate bluetooth speaker.

Any help on how to balance levels?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6896
    Have you tried the windows "volume mixer" - sets teh system overall and volumes for each application

https://www.wintuts.com/Volume-Mixer
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    Have you tried the windows "volume mixer" - sets teh system overall and volumes for each application

https://www.wintuts.com/Volume-Mixer
    Not yet, I was trying to suss it all mid-Skype lesson! Will give this a go tomorrow though.
  • Tried the mixer and it hasn't solved the problem.